Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
ADB Shell! - Pro Root method!
27-02-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: ADB Shell! - Pro Root method!
Congratulations on a good find, @cutare!

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
28-02-2013, 05:15 PM
I managed to get Win8 to recognize the device simply by updating the Android SDK before trying the guide again. Root is confirmed through ADB but as I get no image on my TV I haven´t actually been able to try it out yet (at all)

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
13-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Just got an OTA update today and just to let you know I still had root after updating.
Changes I´ve seen so far include:
Mouse pointer arrow change to a ball
1080p now works
Problems with the right part of the screen not being filled are gone (had a black vertical line at the far right prior to the update)
New setting for color correctin under HDMI in settings.

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
13-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! Off I go to dig up my Pro and plug it in, with great hope for an OTA upgrade. (Santa Claus is late this year, I guess...) Shy
20-03-2013, 10:15 AM
After OTA update device appears offline in adb.

Anyone else is experiencing this?

Anyone may have a solution for this?

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.