Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Antenna mod with pic
25-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Antenna mod with pic
Ok so calling the stock antenna on the equiso crap is a insult to turds. At best i was getting .9mbs down and netflix was pretty much useless. So i did this modd and im upto 16.5mbs down and netflix runs smooth.

Just used the old fins of a heatsink and cut them into L shapes making it so one end slips over the stock antenna pogo pins. I put one of them up and the other down.

Now with this mod you have to run caseless so i just put heatsinks on the cpu and memory. Runs smooth and now the wifi is great.

[Image: IMG_20130624_211847.jpg]
25-06-2013, 10:11 AM
RE: Antenna mod with pic
Nice!

With that heatsink you could also try overclocking it.

Electronics engineer/architect
26-06-2013, 02:32 AM
(25-06-2013 10:11 AM)Snowking Wrote:  Nice!

With that heatsink you could also try overclocking it.
Going to need a modded kernel for that. Got it set to always run at 1.2 and it runs all day fine. Micro SD card speeds sucks even with a San disk ultra. Caching and using a USB jump drive for any major uses that require speed. Can't seem to get the micro to even run close to full speed. 13mbs for reads when I get 20mbs off my jump drive. In my phone I get 31 off the same micro.

Got a mk809ii on the way from china so I'll mod this and mess with this one for a while see how I can get it running. So far its not to bad with the mods. Only beef is it could of used more ram and Bluetooth.
07-12-2013, 04:57 AM
(25-06-2013 01:38 AM)bignaz Wrote:  Ok so calling the stock antenna on the equiso crap is a insult to turds.
Oh, for wont of mod points on this forum...

svartalf, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2013.
09-02-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm finding that a Zalman VGA card RAM heatsink (after you take the stock thermal adhesive off and use Arctic Alumina adhesive to adhere it) works reasonably well for things- I strongly suspect a copper pin sink like they're offering for RasPi's glued to the SoC will work as well done the same way.

Now, on to improving the "internal" antenna a little bit...

svartalf, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2013.