Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any Type of Recovery Available?
05-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Any Type of Recovery Available?
I have a Rooted Equiso Pro, and Ive been checking back every now and then with hopes that I may one day see some type of Recovery that supports our Equiso Smart Sticks... Does anyone know of any possibilities?

PMGRANDS, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2013.
12-03-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: Any Type of Recovery Available?
(05-03-2014 09:21 AM)PMGRANDS Wrote:  I have a Rooted Equiso Pro, and Ive been checking back every now and then with hopes that I may one day see some type of Recovery that supports our Equiso Smart Sticks... Does anyone know of any possibilities?
Not yet. I've been scrounging for recoveries and roms for any of the NS115 derived devices since they seem to be using the same basic ground rules. There is kernel sources for things, so one COULD, if they wanted to, probably work on something along those lines as well as a custom ROM. There's just not been overall interest from the XDA crowd and I've been...busy...with other things to even attempt something.

svartalf, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2013.
22-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Heh... Did a bit of hacking... Looks promising in that I know what the recovery partition is on the Wal-Mart retail unit and now I'm looking at the guts thereof. A tidbit from the progress there:

# mount point fstype device
/tfcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
/usbdisk vfat /dev/block/sda1
/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
/boot ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk1p2
/system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk1p3
/data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk1p5
/cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk1p6
/misc ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk1p7
/recovery ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk1p8

This is the recovery.fstab file from the recovery partition. I'm going to can-opener one of the other custom recoveries in a bit to see how they're structured versus the one on the Equiso. Should be able to maybe, just maybe get at least a custom recovery managed for the device.

svartalf, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2013.
27-03-2014, 11:44 AM
That would be Awesome if someone could create a recovery for our Equiso's... keep us posted!

PMGRANDS, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2013.
01-04-2014, 12:31 AM
(27-03-2014 11:44 AM)PMGRANDS Wrote:  That would be Awesome if someone could create a recovery for our Equiso's... keep us posted!
Still hacking on things. Took the kernel and recovery from the Equiso and got CM10.2 to generate a recovery image. Haven't had time to open it up or smoke-test an Equiso with it yet. Hope to find a bit of time over the next week or so to do just that.

08-04-2014, 03:44 AM
any luck? Smile
30-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Come on guys, I know this is possible if we put our heads together... Any help i can give, just let me know!

03-05-2014, 03:18 AM
Sorry for the silence guys...blame my day yob... (Seriously, I blame it for all sorts of things...you should too... >:-D At least it pays the bills and keeps me sharp to do some of the things here that we're discussing.)

I've not had the chance to check to see if my frankenrescue image does what it needs to. What it boils down to is that I handed CM10.2's image build process an external kernel, etc. that I nabbed from off of the Equiso. Should just simply work- but work has had my bandwidth a bit limited for the past four or so weeks so I've not cracked the image file open to verify it did what I thought it did or to smoke-test one of my sticks.

Once we've got this...a bit of detective work on what's possibly on the board should produce some fruits. The WiFi is, odds on, on the USB leg, so we should be able to get a dump of the USB ID's off of the stick. (In fact while I'm waiting for my Xubuntu install to upgrade I can do that little check pretty quick before it's off finishing it off and rebooting...)

03-05-2014, 03:24 AM
(03-05-2014 03:18 AM)svartalf Wrote:  Sorry for the silence guys...blame my day yob... (Seriously, I blame it for all sorts of things...you should too... >:-D At least it pays the bills and keeps me sharp to do some of the things here that we're discussing.)

I've not had the chance to check to see if my frankenrescue image does what it needs to. What it boils down to is that I handed CM10.2's image build process an external kernel, etc. that I nabbed from off of the Equiso. Should just simply work- but work has had my bandwidth a bit limited for the past four or so weeks so I've not cracked the image file open to verify it did what I thought it did or to smoke-test one of my sticks.

Once we've got this...a bit of detective work on what's possibly on the board should produce some fruits. The WiFi is, odds on, on the USB leg, so we should be able to get a dump of the USB ID's off of the stick. (In fact while I'm waiting for my Xubuntu install to upgrade I can do that little check pretty quick before it's off finishing it off and rebooting...)
Thats really good news, Cant wait to have a recovery up & running... Please keep us posted!

03-05-2014, 03:31 AM
Heh... Now that I sat down and did a bit of sleuthing...

<4>dhd_bus_select_firmware_name_by_chip: firmware_path=/system/etc/firmware/fw_bcm40181a2.bin
<4>Final fw_path=/system/etc/firmware/fw_bcm40181a2.bin
<4>Final nv_path=/system/etc/firmware/bcmdhd.cal
<6>init: processing action 0x33458 (property:dev.bootcomplete=1)
<5>init: starting 'preset_s2'
<6>init: command 'start' r=0
<4>dhdsdio_download_nvram: nv_path=/system/etc/firmware/bcmdhd.cal.40181
<4>dhdsdio_write_vars: Download, Upload and compare of NVRAM succeeded.
<4>Firmware up: op_mode=1, Broadcom Dongle Host Driver mac=00:22:f4:24:68:c6
<4>Firmware version = wl0: Apr 22 2013 14:50:00 version 5.90.195.89.6 FWID 01-b30a427d
<4>wl_android_wifi_on: Success

Now, one wonders what all else is turned on/off in the kernel they provided sources to so we can actually make an unofficial CM10.2...