Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone having "NO INPUT" on a certain TV's?
29-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Anyone having "NO INPUT" on a certain TV's?
Seem to be having NO INPUT detected on a Visio 32" LED 1080 TV. Unit works fine on everything else I've tested on like Samsung and Sharp.

Once in a great while I can get the Visio to display but that requires rebooting the device or power cycling the tv. Anyone else having issues with certain tv's?

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
30-10-2012, 06:31 AM
RE: Anyone having "NO INPUT" on a certain TV's?
i am using mine on LG 42lk450. No issues what so ever.
30-10-2012, 08:54 AM
No input on any HDMI plug on my Panasonic TX-P42V10E

Barthwo, whose Equiso Pro finally arrived.
30-10-2012, 11:53 AM
@Barthwo:
How old is your Panny?

Could it be a problem with an older HDMI standard, and Equiso not backward-compatible?

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
30-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Just 3 years.

30-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Three years is a long time in the life of a developing standard. I think you and others with this problem should advise Equiso they are not backward-compatible with older HDMI ports.

Jeff Schallenberg
30-10-2012, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 09:32 PM by Barthwo.)
(30-10-2012 08:36 PM)jschall Wrote:  Three years is a long time in the life of a developing standard. I think you and others with this problem should advise Equiso they are not backward-compatible with older HDMI ports.
I will try to use the Equiso on another TV set. Will have to look at a neighbour or so because my other TV sets and monitors all do not have an HDMI input. Maybe I will buy an adapter to DVI and try it on my PC Monitor.

But I really do think that my Equiso is just not working, because the blue LED is NOT glowing. Maybe Equiso can give some information on this. How can I see if the Equiso is ok while NOT connected to a HDMI port.

01-11-2012, 05:23 PM
It doesn't glow because there is no power being supplied.
01-11-2012, 07:25 PM
@Barthwo:
You are plugging in your Equiso stick to a USB power source, aren't you? The stick won't boot otherwise!

Jeff Schallenberg
01-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Sure I did. I have tried 2 USB mains adapters of mine with 1 A and the IPad one. The one which is delivered with the Equiso cannot be used outside the US because of the different mains plug. And to be sure that the cable is ok, I tried the one delivered with the Equiso and one of mine used for my smartphone.

I think there es a wiring problem IN THE EQUISO because when plugging in the blue LED is just glowing for about one second and if bending the micro USB plug sometime I get another short glow.