Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beta Software Update!
23-10-2012, 06:31 PM
RE: Beta Software Update!
update made no difference to my lack of signal in the back of my tv

bbilko, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
23-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Yup, then wait for the install to work, and remove it after its done.

(23-10-2012 06:24 PM)e900542 Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 01:01 PM)bbilko Wrote:  I put the stick in with the device booted, and it shut down automatically, taking me to a bootloader picture of an android with a geometric shape in its stomach. . The progress bar filled, and then it rebooted. I took the key out at that point.
I'll give this a try; plug in USB thumb drive (with zip file in the root of drive) while the equiso is up and running.

Sound about right?

bbilko, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
25-10-2012, 08:31 PM
RE: Equiso Update #19: The new Pro Dual Core A9

I don't see much difference. Here's a list of changes that I found in the update:

http://tinyurl.com/8hgbuap

Devious
26-10-2012, 01:47 AM
(25-10-2012 08:31 PM)Devious Wrote:  RE: Equiso Update #19: The new Pro Dual Core A9

I don't see much difference. Here's a list of changes that I found in the update:

http://tinyurl.com/8hgbuap
Did you check the individual files and see if there were any tweaks? Maybe the build.prop?
I don't know why Equiso is making it so difficult. Just post the change log instead of us comparing the files to try and figure out what they changed.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
26-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Here are the changes in the build.prop for those interested.

http://tinyurl.com/dxyykwz

Devious
26-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Any improvements with wifi signal? i did not have time to upgrade it, now I am receiving less than 300kbps (-75dbm) while in other products I receive more than 8000 kbps Confused! Any solutions? I have tried to change the wifi channels, reboot it and uncheck an usb option thar I read ...but nothing hapens Sad! Hope anyone can help me , thanks to all Smile
26-10-2012, 07:48 PM
(26-10-2012 01:13 PM)Devious Wrote:  Here are the changes in the build.prop for those interested.

Thanks for the info mate.
26-10-2012, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 11:13 PM by blkcamarozr28.)
(26-10-2012 01:13 PM)Devious Wrote:  Here are the changes in the build.prop for those interested.

Thanks Devious! Been too busy this week to compare the stock vs beta. Here's the break down of the build prop from your info. From the looks of it these are very minor changes but they should help a little. Smile

==ORIGINAL FIRMWARE - 9/14/2012==
tcc.wifi.forced.enable=1
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=368m
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y

==BETA FIRMWARE - 10/22/2012==
tcc.wifi.forced.enable=0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=100
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=64m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=v,o=y

====================
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval
====================
WiFi scan interval determines when Android will scan for access points. They changed from 15 seconds to 100 seconds intervals.

==================
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit
==================
In ICS, the dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit property takes over as the effective dalvik.vm.heapsize property. Applications will be restricted to the value set by this property by default.

=============
dalvik.vm.heapsize
=============
Setting controls the amount of ram that is allocated for a program.
*Going to big can cause all the ram being used up and cause lag and force closes. I think Equiso is trying to see if this is the issue by reducing the heapsize from 386M to 256M.

*NOTE: The dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit property limits how large an Android application’s heap can get before garbage collection has to be attempted. The dalvik.vm.heapsize property defines an absolute maximum for the heap size for an application even when the largeHeap flag is set in the manifest.

The largeHeap flag was created to allow developers to do just that. If you do feel compelled to experiment with this setting regardless, be mindful that an application could have up to two heaps at once. Thus, the heap growth limit value should always be, at most, a little less than half of the maximum allowable heap size.

Reference: http://www.jeffmixon.com/examining-build...part-1/[/b]
[b]

==================
ro.kernel.android.checkjni
==================
Java Native Interface (For Debugging/Error Checking)...Should help make things run a tiny bit faster.

==============================
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=v,o=y
==============================
Makes apps load faster and frees up more ram

m=y: Mapping (YES- Mapping the dalvik cache)
m=v: Mapping with Verification
o=y: Optimize (YES)

*Strange they didn't include flag u=y (Optimize for uniprocessor [Single Core])

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
26-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Looks like a typo in both the stock and beta builds (build.prop)

persist.sys.component_resoze_y=3

This should say "resize" not "resoze". LoL! Big Grin

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
28-10-2012, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 09:50 PM by shrakner.)
I noticed a considerable speed improvement over wifi with the beta firmware- I would frequently have problems with youtube videos constantly buffering before, and I haven't had that problem since.

However, I am also currently unable to install or update apps- going to try resetting everything again and see if that fixes things.
EDIT: Did another factory reset, and apps install now.