Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Build.prop Speed Tweaks - [Root Required]
01-11-2012, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 07:54 AM by blkcamarozr28.)
Build.prop Speed Tweaks - [Root Required]
DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT BUILD.PROP FOR YOUR DEVICE!
Pro Or Standard Version
Here's my custom build.prop... Equiso is a lot snappier now. Give it a shot and let me know how it works.
Feed back welcomed! Big Grin

I use adb to push my build.prop to the Equiso but use what you feel comfortable with. Root Explorer, ES File Explore and the other thousands of ways to edit/replace build.prop. You decide...

Here's how I do it.
open DOS Prompt
navigate C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
adb pull /system/build.prop c:\ *This will copy your stock build.prop if you decide to go back to stock
go to the root of the C drive and rename build.prop to build.prop.stock

Download my build.prop and put the file in C:
**Equiso Standard Version [Modified]**
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7909146/Stock%2...012-11-01d (Updated: 2012-11-01)

**Equiso Pro Version [Modified]**
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7909146/Modified...1-08a.prop (Updated: 2013-01-08)

**Equiso Pro Version (Stock)**
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7909146/Stock-Pr...21213.prop

rename to build.prop
adb remount
adb push c:\build.prop /system/
adb reboot

Thats it! You have a super tweaked out system.
To revert to stock rename build.prop.stock to build.prop and push the file back to your equiso. Smile

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
01-11-2012, 05:43 AM
RE: Build.prop Speed Tweaks - [Root Required]
It feels faster but now my wifi is broken. Connects fine but no Internet access.
01-11-2012, 07:35 AM
(01-11-2012 05:43 AM)LaZie Wrote:  It feels faster but now my wifi is broken. Connects fine but no Internet access.
Did you power cycle the unit? If it still acts up let me know. I'll test it out tomorrow as I have been testing via a Ethernet USB adapter. Anyone else having issues or tried it out?

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
01-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi, cool that you have created this!
I am happy to try it out tonight.
One question, do I have to do this with ADB? Can't I just copy this with ES Explorer? (when mounting system as R/W)

(01-11-2012 02:31 AM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  Happy Halloween! Smile
Since Equiso dev team couldn't build a good beta I decided to tweak it myself.

Here's my custom build.prop... Equiso is a lot snappier now. Give it a shot and let me know how it works.
Feed back welcomed! Big Grin

You need to setup adb. You can use my method for rooting (http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-ADB-Sh...oot-method )

open DOS Prompt
navigate C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
adb pull /system/build.prop c:\ *This will copy your stock build.prop if you decide to go back to stock
go to the root of the C drive and rename build.prop to build.prop.stock

Download my build.prop and put the file in C:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7909146/build.prop

adb remount
adb push c:\build.prop /system/
adb reboot

Thats it! You have a super tweaked out system.
To revert to stock rename build.prop.stock to build.prop and push the file back to your equiso. Smile

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
01-11-2012, 11:57 AM
After update this, I play some video with BSplayer and Dice Player.... very lag, and now my laptop cannot list any device in ADB Sad
01-11-2012, 01:20 PM
(01-11-2012 11:57 AM)liondk Wrote:  After update this, I play some video with BSplayer and Dice Player.... very lag, and now my laptop cannot list any device in ADB Sad
1. Before you apply any mod... make sure you can always go back... havbe you backed up the original build.prop?
2. Are the problems gone when you restore the original build.prop?

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
01-11-2012, 05:21 PM
(01-11-2012 07:35 AM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 05:43 AM)LaZie Wrote:  It feels faster but now my wifi is broken. Connects fine but no Internet access.
Did you power cycle the unit? If it still acts up let me know. I'll test it out tomorrow as I have been testing via a Ethernet USB adapter. Anyone else having issues or tried it out?
Yeah I have power cycled and reconnected the WiFi, no good. Remounted the stock build.prop and it works fine.
01-11-2012, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 05:55 PM by blkcamarozr28.)
(01-11-2012 05:21 PM)LaZie Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 07:35 AM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  
Yeah I have power cycled and reconnected the WiFi, no good. Remounted the stock build.prop and it works fine.
Can you provide me the wifi ch you were using and signal and noise levels, encryption type (wep/wpa,etc)? Also, returning to stock build.prop was that the original stock build or beta. The more info you provide the easier it is for me to replicate.

(01-11-2012 11:57 AM)liondk Wrote:  After update this, I play some video with BSplayer and Dice Player.... very lag, and now my laptop cannot list any device in ADB Sad
What type of video and codecs were you using? Do you have a sample file I can test? How does it compare to the stock build? I try and replicate it in my lab. The more info you provide the better we can tweak this.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
01-11-2012, 05:57 PM
It was the beta build. It was Ch 1, was around -58db, and using WPA encryption.
01-11-2012, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 06:11 PM by blkcamarozr28.)
(01-11-2012 08:46 AM)Pimmr Wrote:  Hi, cool that you have created this!
I am happy to try it out tonight.
One question, do I have to do this with ADB? Can't I just copy this with ES Explorer? (when mounting system as R/W)
No, you can edit the build.prop many ways but I like to push via adb.

Launch the ES File Explorer app. Open its Settings screen and enable the Root Explorer and Mount File System options. You may also want to enable the Up to Root option on this screen, so you can easily tap the Up button and navigate to your root directory.

(01-11-2012 05:57 PM)LaZie Wrote:  It was the beta build. It was Ch 1, was around -58db, and using WPA encryption.
Lazie, PM me. Im going to make a minor change on the wifi scan parameter so it matches the beta build. I can email you file or you can open the build.prop and edit this line from 60 to 100 seconds.
You can download build.prop editor from play store to edit this line. Let us know how it goes. Smile
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...itor&hl=en

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=100

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks