Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CIFS Network share mapping??
16-10-2012, 10:55 PM
CIFS Network share mapping??
I was originally hoping to gain root access in able to use cifs manager to map to a network share but i see that under settings/network there is an option to do just that. The only problem is that it does not appear to work (or I am doing simething wroug). Can someone verify if this is working and if so, give an example so that I can determine what I may be doing wrong. Thanks

rickpub, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
17-10-2012, 09:01 AM
RE: CIFS Network share mapping??
I never used the application, but reading the description on google of this app, you will need your device to be rooted to use it. and equiso is not rooted. may be someone can help us to make it rooted.
17-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Root should be technically possible. The only thing holding us back is the device drivers for the PC. For ADB to work you need the PC to recognize Equiso then you can push the files over to it for root access. Probably not something a newbie would want to try especially since there is no easy way to reflash the unit back to stock.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
18-10-2012, 11:08 AM
I used the inbuilt CIFS functionality to connect to a NAS share last night. I just used the IP address and share name of an unsecured share and selected to connect anonymously. I was then able to find the share mapped in /mnt/

I tried to play some videos but still had stuttering issues with HD content though SD seemed to play a little better than using a straight SMB share (via ES File Explorer).
18-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks, was able to get the built in cifs functionality to work. Now i can launch movies directly through mxplayer

rickpub, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
19-10-2012, 08:25 AM
How is the playback working through MX?
19-10-2012, 04:05 PM
AndSMB

Samba/CIFS/Windows share clientAndSMB is a SMB (Samba/CIFS) client for Android devices. It allows connecting to shared folders hosted on Windows or Samba servers over Wifi/3G/4G. It allows managing several connections with authentication. It comes with both a device file browser and a SMB file browser. It provides download and upload support for files and folders. It can synchronize folders. You can rename, delete, get file details, create folders open local and remote files. It comes with share feature for gallery. WINS server, LMHOSTS and broadcast address options are available for name resolution. Browse and transfer intents are available for third party applications.
Root access is not needed.
[size=large]
[url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lysesoft.andsmb&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImx5c2Vzb2Z0LmFuZHNtYiJd
[/size[/url]]

Devious
21-10-2012, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2012 01:22 PM by jschall.)
Concerning AndSMB:

I just tried it on my Android 1.6 tablet. It works as a file manager for SMB shares, allowing you to download files to your Equiso, but does not open files for streaming.

If you want to stream music or video files from an SMB share to play on your Equiso, ES File Manager is your best bet.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec