Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Censorship on Kickstarter
28-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Thumbs Down Censorship on Kickstarter
I tried to post another of my respectful and considerate comments on Kickstarter today. But I received an error message: "Your account is being reviewed". Cute, eh?

Has anyone else experienced this censorship on Kickstarter?

I have sent them an email asking for an explanation.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
28-03-2013, 07:51 PM
RE: Censorship on Kickstarter
Acting like a troll might be why.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
28-03-2013, 08:09 PM
(28-03-2013 07:51 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Acting like a troll might be why.
I honestly have no idea what that means, John. Care to explain?

Jeff Schallenberg
28-03-2013, 08:21 PM
You are one of the many who stated they are satisfied with their Equiso ("bugs and all" I believe the original release from Adam said). You're actually one of the very few who's not screaming about the cursor change being for the worse. I've extended an olive branch through here on behalf of the company and have opened up quite a few channels of communication that had been lacking and have been helping members.

Yet, you continue to post negatively about us (calling Equiso, and therefore me, assholes). Want to be a part of a class-action lawsuit if it happens. And spread personal information about all parties involved in an ongoing lawsuit both here, on KS and on FB. You just want to be the center of attention in something so badly that you hop on the bandwagon based on "insider" information that you yourself haven't confirmed as being true or not.

Yet you paste it wherever you can because it makes you feel like you're a part of something bigger than your personal life must offer outside of the internet.

But if that still doesn't explain it, then try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

28-03-2013, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2013 08:54 PM by jschall.)
Thanks for the link, John. The word "troll" certainly has an interesting etymology. Not sure which meaning you had in mind.

The rest of your post wasn't very helpful. You explain why Equiso might want big-mouthed backers like Scott Crump and myself to be banned from posting comments on Kickstarter, but not why Kickstarter would aquiesce.

Jeff Schallenberg
29-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Turns out I was banned from Kickstarter because I posted a link to the Anonymous threats. I didn't comment on the link, mind you, I just pointed to it.

Jeff Schallenberg
29-03-2013, 01:52 PM
So you posted a link to threats against us and are befuddled as to why you were banned?

Why am I not surprised.

30-03-2013, 09:28 PM
I don't really think people should be censored (and certainly not banned) for providing a link. Its not like Jschall posted the information himself, he is just making others aware of the information, much like BusinessInsider did when they wrote a NEWS ARTICLE about it.

If that is really Anonymous (which I doubt) then obviously Equiso have pissed off enough people to merit their attention. That said, Adam is probably telling the truth about the ex employee.

The best way to make all these negative comments about waiting for a response etc would be to make a support download page, where they provide ALL of the files for people to use to work with their Equiso's.

If people can visit the site and download update.zip and instructions, the .Rom and config files and instructions, the PC Tools program and instructions, a document about what to do if your device is in boot loop (complete with files and instructions) they will be saving themselves a huge amount of time and pain when they would otherwise be left emailing the files individually to EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO ASKS FOR THEM, and assisting with basic troubleshooting questions for EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO NEEDS HELP.

Honestly, they have been complaining about being so busy responding to emails etc, why not do something about it and cut it off at the source. Give us the tools and information that we want in a way that we do not have to ask you and take up your time to get it. It is completely inneficient.

I realise that this is mostly unrelated to the thread but I figure John will be reading this and maybe just maybe it will reach Equiso ears.

Really, really, really not impressed with his Equiso.
30-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Kickstarter comments are such a joke... Now I saw a so called Adam brother commenting on behalf of the "criminal" about how he followed his dream and is forced to stay away from wife and kids to do so...

What a bunch of lame morons... I wander if there are people stupid enough to still take them seriously... Probably there are since there have been investors stupid enough to throw away their money on this shit...

I now feel sorry because I purchased the crap device outside Kickstarter and not being able to post my comments there too

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.