Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change Forum Icon
12-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Change Forum Icon
The constantly rotating icon (E Q U I S O) is annoying. I can't be the only one who wants it static...

aparanoia, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
13-11-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: Change Forum Icon
I have no idea what you mean. All is static overhere.. What browser are you using?

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
14-11-2012, 05:52 PM
On Firefox 16.0.2 (latest) it is a animated GIF that rotates through the letters E Q U I S O. It gives the impression that you have a new message (like Gmail when it updates the Title bar).

http://equisoforum.com/favicon.ico

aparanoia, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
15-11-2012, 12:47 AM
As Pimmr, I didn't get it first time too. I'm using Chrome. Not sure why that works only on Firefox though...
It's a not really a favicon. The actual favicon is not animated. It's the icon.

<link rel="icon" href="eq.gif" type="image/gif"> the image is here http://www.equisoforum.com/eq.gif

I don't use Firefox, but that seems really annoying. You're right.

Niko, can you change it to static? maybe you can use the actual favicon instead..

JohnnyCau, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
15-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Re: Change Forum Icon
Thanks for the suggestion guys. When I was creating the favicon, I realized the size was so small 16x16. I thought myself how do I put the whole word equiso in it. So I created animated icon.

I can make it static like just E or EQ

Need suggestions from you guys.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
15-11-2012, 08:47 AM
(15-11-2012 07:07 AM)Niko Wrote:  Thanks for the suggestion guys. When I was creating the favicon, I realized the size was so small 16x16. I thought myself how do I put the whole word equiso in it. So I created animated icon.

I can make it static like just E or EQ

Need suggestions from you guys.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I like your creativity!
I think EQ will do fine.

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
15-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Eq would be better than the animated icon.

Devious
15-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Eq would look good. Thanks Niko.

16-11-2012, 08:31 PM
ok will do that soon.
moved the thread from equiso discussion to equisoforum.com site discussion.
11-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Any of these of use?

[Image: kCfUp.jpg]

[Image: QtZJO.jpg]

[Image: 2scmm.jpg]

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.