Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I have a pro or not?
08-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Do I have a pro or not?
I finally got my equiso in the mail on Tuesday. It's alright, nothing flash, I wish it had jelly bean amongst other things. No problems with wifi as some others have been having. But the real reason I am here is to ask if I have actually been delivered the pro version that I ordered or not. Given some of the problems other people have had I want to be sure.

I don't have bluetooth and I am pretty sure that the pro is supposed to. It is the new form factor as displayed on the official site. I have attached a photo of the "settings=>about equiso stick" screen and a text file of specs from the app Hardware Info (2.1.3). Does this info match the specs of what an equisoPro should be? Huh

Any insight from those of you more experienced with this hardware would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  UnknownEquiso.smart.tv.pro.txt (Size: 4.97 KB / Downloads: 10)
08-05-2013, 01:32 PM
RE: Do I have a pro or not?
Seeing the specs, i suppose you've got a Pro (dualcore among other things)

- - - Real Eyes, Realize Real Lies - - -
Wookster, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Mar 2013.
08-05-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm an idiot, but what other things? I have read of pro owners with bluetooth and mine certainly doesn't have it.
See, the retail also has a dual core so that doesn't say to me that it's necessarily a pro. What are the major differences retail vs pro?
08-05-2013, 02:27 PM
BT was offered for the initial batch of KS Pro's. The retail version that's being sent out is spec'd to the original KS pro description (i.e. no BT being the real difference) since no more of the BT versions are available.

So if you got one with BT, it's an unexpected bonus. The retail version has some rearranging of components on the board and better soldering, plus the remote is slightly different (matte finish, keys on back are changed), the box is nicer and it actually includes a manual.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
08-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks EquisoGD_John. From your description it sounds as if I have a retail version (manual inside box etc) which is pretty annoying as I was a KSpro backer, BT would have been great. You would have thought that if some of the KSpro backers got BT capable unit then you would make sure that all of them did.

Oh well, at least it's finally arrived.
08-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Yea, it's weird how it worked out. I think you did get the better model in the end, despite BT, because updates will happen quicker for it and the hardware kinks were ironed out.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.