Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Downgrade HDMI Version?
14-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Downgrade HDMI Version?
IIRC, the Equiso has HDMI 1.4. While I have it working nicely on my 32" DYNEX TV, which is relatively new, and clearly supports HDMI 1.4; I would much prefer to be able to get it working on my 56" Samsung LED DLP TV. Unfortunately, my Samsung, being a few years older only has HDMI 1.1 ports.

So, my question is this, is it possible to downgrade or set the Equiso's HDMI output to be compatible with HDMI 1.1; or am I out of luck with regards to connecting the Equiso to my Samsung TV?
14-11-2012, 10:44 AM
RE: Downgrade HDMI Version?
HDMI is backwards compatible. So it should work if you plug it in. You might need to supply the equiso via USB.

Electronics engineer/architect
14-11-2012, 06:11 PM
You're right, HDMI is backwards compatible; but that applies to older version output devices connecting to newer version input devices. Unfortunately, it's looking like the backwards compatibility doesn't extend to plugging newer version output devices into older version ports.

Some kind of adapter to a different port type does seem to be the way I may have to go; but I was hoping there'd be a way to set the HDMI output to comply with the 1.1 spec through Android.
15-11-2012, 09:47 AM
No, it should work in both ways. Else one of them is not HDMI compliant.

The Equiso works on my Sony bravia TV from 2006 (also not HDMI 1.4).

Electronics engineer/architect
15-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Well, then perhaps I'll have to give it another try some time soon.
16-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Backword compatible means that a newer version source can send data to an older version device.
Forward compatible means that a older version source can send data to a newer version device.

Barthwo, whose Equiso Pro finally arrived.