Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Easy Rooting Instructions w/driver instructions [WORKS W/ WALMART RETAIL]
22-10-2012, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2012 10:26 AM by rekil goth.)
RE: Rooting Instructions (UPDATED WITH DRIVER INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!!!)
Hi,

Sorry.

Windows 7 64-bit. Yes both USB debugging and unknown sources enabled. No detection by windows. The blue light does turn on after I plug it in, but windows does not recognize anything.

(21-10-2012 06:03 PM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 12:19 PM)rekil goth Wrote:  Hi,

I have a really embarrassing problem. I can't get windows to recognize my device. In fact, I'm not even able to proceed using either protocol for installing the driver. However, I did install the android SDK and selected the drivers in the extras section to install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you kindly
Need more specifics like what OS are you trying from? Did you enable USB Debugging. If windows does the device manager detect the device and if so what does it see it as?
(21-10-2012 06:03 PM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  Hi,

Sorry.

Windows 7 64-bit. Yes both USB debugging and unknown sources enabled. No detection by windows. The blue light does turn on after I plug it in, but windows does not recognize anything.
23-10-2012, 12:54 AM
This is great, thanks. For some reason I never needed to install the drivers, it found them fine but I had ADB and all the dev kit bells and whistles. So it was just run the bat and go.

2 Questions

1. Can I now overclock with setcpu? Or does this require a new kernel. Setting it to 1Ghz gave me weird interlacing that scrolled along my TV trying to run netflix.

2. Is there any way to flash Jellybean for more perfomance/fluidity?

aparanoia, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
25-10-2012, 02:41 AM
(23-10-2012 12:54 AM)aparanoia Wrote:  1. Can I now overclock with setcpu? Or does this require a new kernel. Setting it to 1Ghz gave me weird interlacing that scrolled along my TV trying to run netflix.

2. Is there any way to flash Jellybean for more perfomance/fluidity?
1- No. The kernel is locked at 800Mhz but you can underclock it with SetCPU. A new unlocked kernel would have to be loaded to get it up to 1Ghz and beyond

2- No. There is no recovery and no custom roms yet.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
27-10-2012, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2012 09:46 AM by muller23.)
hi guys

I installed all succseeful,even root checker basic says all ok,but i not see the files and folders in my pc under computer
power is on,blue none to see my device
do i miss anything here,or is it not possible to see the files on pc or transfer apps to the stick

thanks muller
27-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi,

thanks very much for the rooting instructions, they made the rather disappointing equiso at least a little bit more useful.

However, I too had problems installing the adb drivers, because I was using the usb cable that came with the equiso. However, that cable is for CHARGING only not for DATA. took me a while to figure that one out. As soon as I used a proper DATA cable, my pc recognized the device and I could use your instructions, which then worked flawlessly. Thanks again!

schutzmann

schutzmann, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
28-10-2012, 02:36 PM
(27-10-2012 06:10 PM)schutzmann Wrote:  Hi,

thanks very much for the rooting instructions, they made the rather disappointing equiso at least a little bit more useful.

However, I too had problems installing the adb drivers, because I was using the usb cable that came with the equiso. However, that cable is for CHARGING only not for DATA. took me a while to figure that one out. As soon as I used a proper DATA cable, my pc recognized the device and I could use your instructions, which then worked flawlessly. Thanks again!

schutzmann
Thanks for the info, I will add that to the instructions. I never tried using the usb cable that came with the device because I keep one of my Motorola usb cables plugged in to my desktop all of the time for charging my phone while I'm on the computer.

Devious
31-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Thank you for these instructions. I aldready have ADB drivers on my desktop for my phone and tablet so my Equiso was already recognised as smartTV, however script was hanging on "waiting for device". After installing proper drivers from the link in OP, it worked like a treat! Smile

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
01-11-2012, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 11:25 PM by flouris.)
(27-10-2012 05:41 AM)muller23 Wrote:  hi guys

I installed all succseeful,even root checker basic says all ok,but i not see the files and folders in my pc under computer
do i miss anything here,or is it not possible to see the files on pc or transfer apps to the stick

thanks muller
Same here. How can we access equiso storage from our pc?

flouris, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
03-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Big thank to owner theard!

hvcvuong, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
03-11-2012, 01:49 AM
(01-11-2012 11:12 PM)flouris Wrote:  
(27-10-2012 05:41 AM)muller23 Wrote:  hi guys

thanks muller
Same here. How can we access equiso storage from our pc?
To both of you: Yes, of course you can do it. With Android you just need to set it as Mass Storage Device.
Open the Notification window, click on "USB connected. Select to copy....".
Now, click on "Turn On USB storage", and quickly you'll see windows prompting you for a new disk found...

JohnnyCau, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.