Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Easy Rooting Instructions w/driver instructions [WORKS W/ WALMART RETAIL]
03-11-2012, 05:44 PM
RE: Rooting Instructions (UPDATED WITH DRIVER INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!!!)
Thanks @Devious - nice job. Your instructions worked great!
04-11-2012, 11:57 PM
(03-11-2012 01:49 AM)JohnnyCau Wrote:  To both of you: Yes, of course you can do it. With Android you just need to set it as Mass Storage Device.
Open the Notification window, click on "USB connected. Select to copy....".
Now, click on "Turn On USB storage", and quickly you'll see windows prompting you for a new disk found...
And if our tv is not next to our pc?

flouris, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
05-11-2012, 03:09 PM
(04-11-2012 11:57 PM)flouris Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 01:49 AM)JohnnyCau Wrote:  To both of you: Yes, of course you can do it. With Android you just need to set it as Mass Storage Device.
Open the Notification window, click on "USB connected. Select to copy....".
Now, click on "Turn On USB storage", and quickly you'll see windows prompting you for a new disk found...
And if our tv is not next to our pc?
If you have a wifi router (where both pc and equiso connect to it) you can do it with the SMB function, just like I do:
share (with everyone) one specific folder with your windows pc. (right click, share with -> specific people, add "everyone", save)
enable the folder sharing option on windows if you haven't already. (CP -> network and internet -> sharing center -> advanced settings, "home and work" part -> public folder sharing)
then on equiso use an app like ES File Explorer that has SMB. If you use ES, go to LAN tab, click on search and it'll find you your pc's IP. now with that folder copy in and from whatever you want. it is accessible by both sides.
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK: that folder can be accessed by anyone who's connected to your WLAN! So, I recommend this option only if you know what you are doing and if you are sure your WLAN is well protected.
Otherwise use bluetooth, but it is slower and

JohnnyCau, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
05-11-2012, 03:36 PM
(05-11-2012 03:09 PM)JohnnyCau Wrote:  If you have a wifi router (where both pc and equiso connect to it) you can do it with the SMB function, just like I do:
share (with everyone) one specific folder with your windows pc. (right click, share with -> specific people, add "everyone", save)
enable the folder sharing option on windows if you haven't already. (CP -> network and internet -> sharing center -> advanced settings, "home and work" part -> public folder sharing)
then on equiso use an app like ES File Explorer that has SMB. If you use ES, go to LAN tab, click on search and it'll find you your pc's IP. now with that folder copy in and from whatever you want. it is accessible by both sides.
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK: that folder can be accessed by anyone who's connected to your WLAN! So, I recommend this option only if you know what you are doing and if you are sure your WLAN is well protected.
Otherwise use bluetooth, but it is slower and
I'm using smb already however due to the lack of a spare hub I want to send files from my pc to equiso using a usb data cable if possible.

flouris, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
05-11-2012, 04:04 PM
(05-11-2012 03:36 PM)flouris Wrote:  I'm using smb already however due to the lack of a spare hub I want to send files from my pc to equiso using a usb data cable if possible.

Well then the first method will be fine! Wink

JohnnyCau, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
07-11-2012, 05:22 AM
Perfect. I used the first link for ADB on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.
12-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the tutorial on rooting the Equiso.
I followed the instructions and managed to get it done without too much bother.
Now that it is rooted I have managed to apply a few of the mod that others have done and i have to say the Equiso is now a much nicer unit to use than it was before.
I do have a question about the device now it is rooted.
When an official update comes what will the effect of applying the new update be?
Will the Equiso revert to an unrooted state?
Will it be as if the device was never rooted and modified at all or will it retain the changes made?

Many thanks
Peter
02-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Thank you for the write-up. I have the Google SDK and my path is correctly setup to access ADB. I have Mac OS X 10.7.5. And, when I issue "adb devices" I get "List of devices attached" but the list is completely empty. This is the first time I've attempted to access the device directly from my Mac but I have done this in the past with Motorola devices... Anyone know how to get around this with a Mac OS X system? Any information would be helpful...
07-05-2013, 02:37 AM
Please Help!!

I have Windows 7 64bit - Previously had ADB drivers for phone installed.

1 - uninstalled ADB drivers
2 - downloaded drivers in this thread and installed - rebooted PC
3 plugged in equiso with USB cable from phone (tried 3 different cables)
4 phone is recognized in device manager as 'Android Composit ADB Interface'
5 Blue light never turns on
6 Tried running root anyway and get 'the system cannot find the path specified'

I also tried to edit the driver .inf file as stated in another thread but that did not work either

Any suggestions?
07-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Re: RE: Rooting Instructions (UPDATED WITH DRIVER INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!!!)
(07-05-2013 02:37 AM)fin55 Wrote:  Please Help!!

I have Windows 7 64bit - Previously had ADB drivers for phone installed.

1 - uninstalled ADB drivers
2 - downloaded drivers in this thread and installed - rebooted PC
3 plugged in equiso with USB cable from phone (tried 3 different cables)
4 phone is recognized in device manager as 'Android Composit ADB Interface'
5 Blue light never turns on
6 Tried running root anyway and get 'the system cannot find the path specified'

I also tried to edit the driver .inf file as stated in another thread but that did not work either

Any suggestions?

Have you tried my thread on rooting? Quick way to check is if you have your android sdk install is to run "adb devices" you should get a device in the list. From the sounds of it you have the driver installed but it could be other factors like antivirus or fw blocking. Do you have any security products on your computer?

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks