Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equiso Facebook Forum!!
31-10-2012, 08:39 PM
RE: Equiso Facebook Forum!!
(31-10-2012 10:55 AM)Niko Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 03:58 PM)equiso_jeanine Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 02:19 AM)salonist Wrote:  equiso deletes all posts on facebook that are detrimental. don't expect any different on their forum. you will never see the whole truth about the shortcomings of this product,what they do not want you to see, will be deleted.
Actually we don't delete "detrimental" posts -- only those that appear to be trolling. We try our best to answer the facebook posts in a timely manner and provide each with a thoughtful response. I think many have forgotten that we are a startup and therefore consist of an extremely small staff...We will grow with time and expand our customer service. For the time being we are doing the best we can.

- Jeanine (Equiso Co-founder)

(30-10-2012 11:43 AM)Niko Wrote:  Surprise... Equiso removed the post about fb forum from there facebook page. also removed the facebook forum application.
We deleted the forum since members expressed their desire to have us more active on here rather than create a separate forum on the facebook page.
@ Jeanine, Glad to hear that. Welcome to the forum. I hope we will see much more equiso rom development activity here. As we backers are eager to make our std version more stable.
Absolutely, and we want to make your device more stable --- we want to make all backers happy with all versions -- we want people to cheer 'Equiso Kicks Ass' and I promise we will get you all there. We are really trying to build the company / product / brand the right way.
Some items to look forward to: Content will increase - with certain providers (Hulu+, Amazon Instant) theres a certification process. For example Hulu+ needs to ensure that content cannot be pirated (arrrrrr - said in pirate voice) -- their process is thorough to say the least and yes by thorough I mean takes a bit of time -- however, the are working directly with us in order to speed this process up. While Amazon requires some platform customizations -- both are in the works and will be available to users soon.
Adam is working to stabilize the software for all devices and will be pushing another update soon. We really love our backers and I know a lot of companies say it - but we mean it. Your feedback is so valuable and really helps us build a device that you the consumer wants. We want to work with you and really nail it!

equiso_jeanine, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
02-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Jeanine,

Thank you for joining us here, the Facebook idea was horrible. I want so bad to be excited about my equiso, everyone I work with was probably sick of me talking about how awesome it was going to be while I was waiting to receive the two I ordered. I found them in my mailbox on my way out to work one Friday and couldn't wait for lunch time so I could hook one up to the break room TV and try it out. I was disappointed and embarrassed by it and those who had been interested in possibly buying one are no longer interested. I took it back home and haven't taken it back to work yet.

I am trying to keep my hopes up that one day I will be able to use them to watch movies at work and at home like I intended. If there is anything we can do to help let us know, there are people checking these forums regularly who are willing to do anything that may further us towards the goal of a useful device.

Devious
05-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi Devious -

We have great content partners coming on board and something very cool in the works (I can't talk about it now - and I am very bad at keeping secrets, so once all is finalized I will blurt it out here).

I promise you will soon walk in to the workplace - Equiso in hand and pride restored.

Smile We are also building out our backend platform and want to make the device open for development and hacking.

equiso_jeanine, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
08-01-2013, 12:12 AM
wouldn't you think it was about time you fixed the Equiso STANDARD firmware, now THAT would be a welcome SURPRISE...

but I fear that now that the PRO is released, us Standard users are just going to be left with a semi-working device with buggy firmware and no chance to ever see Android 4.1 running. I hope you will prove me wrong Jeanine!

schutzmann, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.