Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equiso Facebook Update: The thing about beta update
13-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Equiso Facebook Update: The thing about beta update
Here is how to do the latest Beta firmware update:

- Go to this link from your computer ( http://beta.equiso.com/ )
- To download, save ( update.zip ) on a usb flash drive in the main (root) directory.
- Plug usb flash drive into Equiso while on main screen.

- Wait for the installer screen with the green robot. This could take 1-2 minutes to show. DO NOT UNPLUG!! Update is
finished when you see the boot screen.
- Unplug usb flash drive once you see the black Equiso boot screen.
- Factory reset must be done

FACTORY RESET :
Follow exactly- Settings>Backup and Reset>Factory data reset> Erase internal storage>click Reset Tablet

This is not a stable release nor an official firmware update, but will help with performance. As always with a beta release, download with caution.
13-12-2012, 07:56 PM
RE: Equiso Facebook Update: The thing about beta update
Hey everyone. Alot of you are asking about the pro models. They are on the boat and enroute to the fulfillment centers. We are hoping you get them by Christmas. We also have a surprise we threw in for you.

- Adam
16-12-2012, 09:24 AM
When will we get the shipping email and details of shipping?

Gopichand Pai, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
16-12-2012, 01:27 PM
(13-12-2012 03:57 PM)Niko Wrote:  Here is how to do the latest Beta firmware update:

- To download, save ( update.zip ) on a usb flash drive in the main (root) directory.

- Wait for the installer screen with the green robot. This could take 1-2 minutes to show. DO NOT UNPLUG!! Update is

FACTORY RESET :
Follow exactly- Settings>Backup and Reset>Factory data reset> Erase internal storage>click Reset Tablet

This is not a stable release nor an official firmware update, but will help with performance. As always with a beta release, download with caution.

Hi Niko,

I don't remember last version FW of my equiso, After download and update, my equiso didnot reboot?
Now, My Equiso Tablet version: EQUISO-20121116. this is the latest version, right?

hvcvuong, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
16-12-2012, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 06:27 PM by blkcamarozr28.)
Re: RE: Equiso Facebook Update: The thing about beta update
Quote:Now, My Equiso Tablet version: EQUISO-20121116. this is the latest version, right?

Equiso Tablet version: EQUISO-20121116

Is their latest beta right now.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
17-12-2012, 09:58 AM
I still haven't got any email regarding equiso pro shipping... but i am expecting to receive email before xmas.
21-12-2012, 08:33 PM
when is the non-beta firmware update coming? ...waiting....

inside_equiso, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
31-12-2012, 05:03 AM
(13-12-2012 03:57 PM)Niko Wrote:  Here is how to do the latest Beta firmware update:

FACTORY RESET :

hi there, i tried the update steps, but i feel very confused, because I am like a fool waiting on main screen for hours, that the installer screen didn't come out. i have put the zip file in my usb's main directory.... can you equiso guys don't design such "waiting" function? it's very stupid.....

anyway, can someone help me to update? it's bad on performance of my equiso tv....