Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Equiso Play new game console?
23-04-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Equiso Play new game console?
They've really put their heart & soul into promoting it and keeping people interested. Zero updates for pretty much a month.

You'd think one of the many "beta testers" they sent them off to would have chimed in or they'd at least post a video showing a working prototype.

And unless they've designed it to be the same size as the retail box, or have already made over a hundred of them, the photo they're using on the KS page w/the guy posing in front of boxes are the boxes for the Walmart units. Looks to be the same amount of leftover ones from the Boston office. Each inner carton held 4 or 5 Equisos, and the outer carton held 4 of those inner ones.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
30-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Figures, John. Figures.

Con-artists to the end, really.

Well, at least there's onlly a 5% level of funding and only 9 days away. Doesn't look good for them- which suits me. They could've at least had the decency of giving us the info and ability, like they promised on Kickstarter, to have a custom recovery and "ROM" builds.

svartalf, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2013.
01-05-2014, 01:09 AM
(30-04-2014 07:58 PM)svartalf Wrote:  Figures, John. Figures.

Con-artists to the end, really.

Well, at least there's onlly a 5% level of funding and only 9 days away. Doesn't look good for them- which suits me. They could've at least had the decency of giving us the info and ability, like they promised on Kickstarter, to have a custom recovery and "ROM" builds.
Judging from the fact they haven't posted (that I can see) to the KS page in over a month, that there has been no social-media activity from them in a week, and the Zendesk account has been deactivated/allowed to expire and unrenewed for a week, tells me the help Adam hired has left. Because Adam continues to post on FB, just not about his own product.

This is the same situation that unfolded when we were fired from the Boston office. I was in charge of the social media stuff and it just stops in mid-August never to be updated again until this new campaign. My guess is that he roped those guys into working for free in exchange for equity too.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
03-05-2014, 04:28 AM
(01-05-2014 01:09 AM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Judging from the fact they haven't posted (that I can see) to the KS page in over a month, that there has been no social-media activity from them in a week, and the Zendesk account has been deactivated/allowed to expire and unrenewed for a week, tells me the help Adam hired has left. Because Adam continues to post on FB, just not about his own product.

This is the same situation that unfolded when we were fired from the Boston office. I was in charge of the social media stuff and it just stops in mid-August never to be updated again until this new campaign. My guess is that he roped those guys into working for free in exchange for equity too.
Heh... Sounds like they flat-out ran out of funds to burn. Been there, done that...you can keep that t-shirt. Seems like the guys they suckered into working for Adam figured out they were being taken for a ride as well. What's more entertaining is that you can buy his little KS gem from Tronsmart in a month or three with a usable ROM image on it- and it's subpar spec for consoles anyhow.

All of that timeline he gave in the new KS is...heh...entertaining. Worse, the "open source" console play is already being/been done elsewhere with MUCH higher spec devices for the $100 (Ouya) and $200 (MOJO) price points- and Valve intends on nuking the whole lot from orbit with an even better solution that scales from base console for about $200-300, to "Godbox" like consoles for $1000 or so. Never ran doesn't even begin to describe this one.

svartalf, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2013.
05-05-2014, 07:29 PM
I cant complain, I got a new equiso retail stick I flipped on ebay for $50 and a check from Adams dad for $60 so what I had in the original disaster was essentially refunded back.
Im sure Adam will return with another scheme probably under a different name. Once a con artist, always a con artist.

gedi223, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Mar 2013.