Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Equiso Pro Linux Kernel Sources
19-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Equiso Pro Linux Kernel Sources
I obtained the kernel sources for the Equiso Pro (Uptek manufactured, with Nufront NS115 SoC).

You can find them here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By6VL5JB...tneEE/edit

I will try to compile usb audio modules.
I confirmed usb audio works with the app "USB Audio Recorder PRO" that has user-land drivers included.

I hope this is useful for anyone who wants to compile modules for other functions or wants to make a custom rom. However I don't know about recovery procedures for the Pro or if it's easy to flash a custom rom like was promised by Equiso in the kickstarter.
26-02-2013, 03:08 AM
RE: Equiso Pro Linux Kernel Sources
Just curious where/how you got the kernel sources for the Uptek unit?

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
26-02-2013, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 10:15 AM by CoolkcaH.)
Quote:Just curious where/how you got the kernel sources for the Uptek unit?
I asked Uptek nicely...lol

I compiled the usb audio modules:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By6VL5JB...RUY1k/edit

I load them like this:
insmod /system/vendor/modules/snd-hwdep.ko
insmod /system/vendor/modules/snd-rawmidi.ko
insmod /system/vendor/modules/snd-usbmidi-lib.ko
insmod /system/vendor/modules/snd-usb-audio.ko

You can also put this lines in a new file here: /system/etc/install-recovery.sh that is called by init.rc and ran at boot.

After this, every time I connect the usb-audio dac, a new device appears at /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p.

root@android:/ # cat /proc/asound/pcm
00-00: RT5631 rt5631-hifi-0 : : playback 1 : capture 1
01-00: USB Audio : USB Audio : playback 1

But now I'm stuck trying to configure alsa to use /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p instead of /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p...thre is no /system/etc/asound.conf.

There are instructions here for A10 devices but they don't work appear to work for this kernel:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/33820-ic...e__st__140
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/29289-us...s-and-libs
https://github.com/tsynik/device_allwinn...r/libaudio (audio_hw.c has pcmC2D0p instead of pcmC1D0p).
https://github.com/tsynik/tinyalsa
26-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Re: Equiso Pro Linux Kernel Sources
Were the sources the same build that were shipped or is it newer?

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
03-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Could these sources be enough to create a custom ROM?

According to my little knowledge on building Android we need also a device tree, which I assume is different from the kernel tree, correct?

If that's correct could you perhaps ask Uptek nicely again for the device tree as well?

Smile

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
05-03-2013, 04:59 PM
am curious too...
29-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Color me curious too: with the sluggish pace of Equiso's official development (and all the issues the unit have) I'd like very much the option to switch to a custom build.
01-07-2013, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 08:10 PM by alisandrio.)
Smile RE: Equiso Pro Linux Kernel Sources
Hi, I'm trying to compile hid-apple drivers to use my Apple Wireless Keyboard and I manage to compile it succesfully, but when I use insmod I get an error because the module is built with a different version magic (eg. my module: ARMv5, requested: ARMv7) . Can someone explain me how to compile the modules correctly?
EDIT: I got the module compiled correctly but when I load it, the Equiso freezes completely Sad
24-03-2014, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 01:13 PM by svartalf.)
After a bit of a review of the configuration, while we may have the kernel Uptek used for the devices, we definitely don't have the defconfig for the devices anywhere to be seen. You might be able to get it to build modules, but it's going to take a bit of work to get it to build correctly enough for making a custom ROM with (There's a LOT more marked as modules, than there's .ko's in the image files on the eMMC onboard.).

And this doesn't even get into the proprietary userland stuff to make the Mali and the like go. There's the possible basis for a custom ROM, but it's going to take a bit more work than the people earlier in the thread thought might be there.

svartalf, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2013.
03-05-2014, 04:07 AM
(24-03-2014 01:09 PM)svartalf Wrote:  After a bit of a review of the configuration, while we may have the kernel Uptek used for the devices, we definitely don't have the defconfig for the devices anywhere to be seen. You might be able to get it to build modules, but it's going to take a bit of work to get it to build correctly enough for making a custom ROM with (There's a LOT more marked as modules, than there's .ko's in the image files on the eMMC onboard.).

And this doesn't even get into the proprietary userland stuff to make the Mali and the like go. There's the possible basis for a custom ROM, but it's going to take a bit more work than the people earlier in the thread thought might be there.
And, after a careful review of the kernel (sigh...always look at this stuff when you're not bleary-eyed from a day's worth of work doing non-Android embedded linux work...) I was full of myself. I'm now figuring out what all is valid/not for the defconfigs that they thoughtfully provided. We might just yet end up with something of an unofficial build for these things.

svartalf, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2013.