Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equiso Pro Software update?
05-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Thumbs Down Equiso Pro Software update?
Will there be a software update for the pro version any time soon because I really feel that I am better of throwing it away....what a waste of money Angry
05-03-2013, 01:50 PM
RE: Equiso Pro Software update?
(05-03-2013 11:42 AM)moizy Wrote:  Will there be a software update for the pro version any time soon because I really feel that I am better of throwing it away....what a waste of money Angry
Adam doesn't want to release it yet till some things are ironed out. And I believe he says it's going to be an OTA update since the Pro's are set up for that.

I did say that you guys here are chomping at the bit to even just get it early to play with or beta test it but he's doing it his way.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
(05-03-2013 01:50 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 11:42 AM)moizy Wrote:  Will there be a software update for the pro version any time soon because I really feel that I am better of throwing it away....what a waste of money Angry
Adam doesn't want to release it yet till some things are ironed out. And I believe he says it's going to be an OTA update since the Pro's are set up for that.

I did say that you guys here are chomping at the bit to even just get it early to play with or beta test it but he's doing it his way.

If that's true then I bet is just some shitty branding left to be ironed out, and not bugs or new features.

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
05-03-2013, 05:11 PM
(05-03-2013 04:02 PM)cutare Wrote:  If that's true then I bet is just some shitty branding left to be ironed out, and not bugs or new features.
You nailed it. Give me your info so you can claim your prize.

05-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Is it possible to have a date?
05-03-2013, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 06:53 PM by EquisoGD_John.)
(05-03-2013 05:28 PM)testing123 Wrote:  Is it possible to have a date?
Last time I gave a date it didn't happen. All I can say is that the firmware we're testing for the Pro's now is better than what you have now, but still not great when it comes to video quality. Trying to figure that out.

I did test out HBO Go and it's working now.

If anyone else has apps they want me to test (that are free at least) let me know.

05-03-2013, 07:26 PM
(05-03-2013 06:52 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 05:28 PM)testing123 Wrote:  Is it possible to have a date?
Last time I gave a date it didn't happen. All I can say is that the firmware we're testing for the Pro's now is better than what you have now, but still not great when it comes to video quality. Trying to figure that out.

I did test out HBO Go and it's working now.

If anyone else has apps they want me to test (that are free at least) let me know.

I'd like to test if XBMC with hardware acceleration works, the regular release of XBMC does not offer hardware acceleration but there are builds in http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/ that do.

- Could you test the release in:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-fulldebug-armeabi-v7a.apk.

- To activate hardware acceleration go to System -> Settings -> Video -> Playback and check the option "Allow hardware acceleration"

- Then go to "Videos" and either try to play a video 720p or 1080p video from an SD card, or install the YouTube plugin and try to watch a high definition video.

testing123, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
05-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Sv: Equiso Pro Software update?
Will the update be jellybeaned?

Telegraphed from my i9300

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
05-03-2013, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 08:46 PM by EquisoGD_John.)
RE: Sv: Equiso Pro Software update?
@testing123

The link you provided will load but crash as soon as it gets to the main menu. The first link in the list (25th of Feb) loads fine but plays a 720p mkv file (Top Gear UK) choppy (audio is fine).

I'll try some other HD video sources through it.

05-03-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: Sv: Equiso Pro Software update?
(05-03-2013 07:54 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  @testing123

The link you provided will load but crash as soon as it gets to the main menu. The first link in the list (25th of Feb) loads fine but plays a 720p mkv file (Top Gear UK) choppy (audio is fine).

I'll try some other HD video sources through it.
Use the second link. The last one from 19th of Feb, that's the last one with hardware acceleration. Remember to activate hardware acceleration in settings.

Thanks.

testing123, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.