Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equiso Pro Software update?
05-03-2013, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 09:10 PM by EquisoGD_John.)
RE: Equiso Pro Software update?
Ok, so any HD played through XBMC is choppy, but the video quality itself is perfect (as is the interface it seems).

When I play the same Top Gear mkv file off the internal storage it plays smoothly and looks great.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
05-03-2013, 09:29 PM
(05-03-2013 09:02 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Ok, so any HD played through XBMC is choppy, but the video quality itself is perfect (as is the interface it seems).

When I play the same Top Gear mkv file off the internal storage it plays smoothly and looks great.

Then nothing is changed with the new firmware as the same happens with current firmware... 720p plays fine with HW accelerated player, like MoboPlayer or default media player but not XBMC...

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
05-03-2013, 09:49 PM
(05-03-2013 09:29 PM)cutare Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 09:02 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Ok, so any HD played through XBMC is choppy, but the video quality itself is perfect (as is the interface it seems).

Then nothing is changed with the new firmware as the same happens with current firmware... 720p plays fine with HW accelerated player, like MoboPlayer or default media player but not XBMC...
How do you get nothing has changed from that? If the media will play fine through other apps, and video quality is improving based on the firmware in the pro's your using, I'd say it was XBMC that was at least part of the issue.

Watching trailers or Youtube through XBMC are choppy, but play fine when done via their native apps.

05-03-2013, 09:51 PM
(05-03-2013 09:29 PM)cutare Wrote:  

I have to say, this is a problem more related to XBMC than to Equiso. XBMC with hw acceleration for Android is still under development.

testing123, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
05-03-2013, 10:19 PM
(05-03-2013 06:52 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  I did test out HBO Go and it's working now.

If anyone else has apps they want me to test (that are free at least) let me know.
I am waiting for update to see if Hulu Plus, CinemaNow, Crackel apps work as well as Wether Underground App. I mainly purchase the Pro for the Streaming and these apps dont currenlty work with the existing Firmware. most anything else i have tried works fine and the video quality is good. the only time i see and issue with video is when streaming and the the a network speed slowdown.
06-03-2013, 12:25 AM
(05-03-2013 10:19 PM)bclark513 Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 06:52 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  I did test out HBO Go and it's working now.

If anyone else has apps they want me to test (that are free at least) let me know.
I am waiting for update to see if Hulu Plus, CinemaNow, Crackel apps work as well as Wether Underground App. I mainly purchase the Pro for the Streaming and these apps dont currenlty work with the existing Firmware. most anything else i have tried works fine and the video quality is good. the only time i see and issue with video is when streaming and the the a network speed slowdown.
For Hulu to work properly the device has to be approved by them so we're working on that end. The Crackle app works just fine now too, but has the same video quality issue we're seeing in Netflix (480p stream only, not a codec issue).

I'm not familiar with the Wether Underground one so I'll look at that tomorrow.

06-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Sv: Equiso Pro Software update?
Conserning XBMC: aren't the versions working the best relying on an external player such as MX player for HW acceleration. This has been discussed several times on XDA-developers. I.e. the issue is with XBMC as
Dice-/MX- players work. I managed to play a 720p clip without any issues using Dice player on the pro with original firmware.

Again, will the updated firmware be jelly bean? Would be great to add multi user support as the whole family uses the stick.

Telegraphed from my i9300

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
06-03-2013, 11:26 AM
I had mentioned earlier that at this time Android 4.0 is as high as these sticks will be going. Who knows what the next-next model will have though.

Unless you guys are all cool with us stopping work on the current firmware and moving all efforts to 4.2! Who's with me?! YEA!

06-03-2013, 01:45 PM
@bclark, the Weather Underground app crashes on load. Sorry.