Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Equiso Pro Stock ROM --Flash back to Stock from bad OTA update/bugs
03-04-2013, 06:20 AM
RE: Equiso Pro Stock ROM --Flash back to Stock from bad OTA update/bugs
(01-04-2013 09:14 PM)Jason Wrote:  Same issue here, equiso boots up normally, no update takes place.

Anyone have any luck in loading the stock FW?
Try using a Fat32 formatted card and minimal size of 8GB.
If this method is not working for you I have a manual recovery in the works. Just need a few more testers. The manual method Im working on is for users who only want to go back to the initial release from the latest beta.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
04-04-2013, 04:11 AM
Tried 3 different FAT32 SD cards (1GB, 8GB, 32GB).

Nada.

Pls let me know when you have a fix for this...

Thanks!

Jason, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
04-04-2013, 09:16 AM
(04-04-2013 04:11 AM)Jason Wrote:  Tried 3 different FAT32 SD cards (1GB, 8GB, 32GB).

Nada.

Pls let me know when you have a fix for this...

Thanks!

Try this:

- go to http://www.acho.com and download the firmware of one of their NS115 tablets
- use the nuuser.exe which comes with the ACHO ROM and burn the ACHO ROM to your SDCard
- replace the ACHO files on SDCard with the ones for Equiso
- try flashing

Let me know if it works for you

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
05-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Tried it, new wall to jump over..Wish I knew Chinese.

Jason, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
05-04-2013, 11:07 AM
(05-04-2013 12:24 AM)Jason Wrote:  Tried it, new wall to jump over..Wish I knew Chinese.

I don't know Chinese either... but I figured out... there are only two buttons after all Smile

You should end up, if everything goes fine with a SDCard having 10MB unallocated space before the primary partition and with three files, names like the ones Equiso supplied:

TF.ROM
product_config.txt
uImage_tf

Maybe if you replace the three files with the ones from Equiso you will be able to flash back to stock.

For me it didn't worked though.

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
06-04-2013, 06:39 PM
You crack me up...It did not work for you Smile

You gave me hope for a second.

06-04-2013, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 06:48 PM by blkcamarozr28.)
Re: RE: Equiso Pro Stock ROM --Flash back to Stock from bad OTA update/bugs
(06-04-2013 06:39 PM)Jason Wrote:  You crack me up...It did not work for you Smile

You gave me hope for a second.

Cutare tested a another method using my dumps and was able to get it back to stock. However, the process is a bit goofy and were not 100% its a clean flash yet. Need to dig into it a bit more today.

If you didnt install any third party roms the recovery back to pro stock from ota should be straight forward. Contact me via pm and it would be even easier if you rooted per my procedure via adb or if u have a ubuntu (linux) pc or vm. Let me know.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
09-04-2013, 12:20 PM
@blkcamarozr28: Did you tried this ? Koush’s Universal ADB driver for Windows makes connecting/hacking Android devices easier

http://liliputing.com/2013/04/koushs-uni...asier.html
09-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Re: RE: Equiso Pro Stock ROM --Flash back to Stock from bad OTA update/bugs
(09-04-2013 12:20 PM)Niko Wrote:  @blkcamarozr28: Did you tried this ? Koush’s Universal ADB driver for Windows makes connecting/hacking Android devices easier

http://liliputing.com/2013/04/koushs-uni...asier.html

Havent tried it as my root method show you how to setup the usb driver without installing anything other the android sdk

As for publicly releasing the stock firmware I need a few more testers on the latest stock build. Would be nice if you already setup your android adb environment as recovery is done via the console. Big Grin

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
12-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Sorry guys been super swamped at work/home. Refer to top post. Enjoy! Smile

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)