Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equiso Pro arrived, no video on either of my displays
12-01-2013, 05:44 AM
Equiso Pro arrived, no video on either of my displays
Hi. I asked about this at support@equiso.com (and info@) on Tuesday and haven't heard anything back. (Maybe they’re all busy at CES.) I thought I'd ask here in case anybody else has suggestions.

I got my Equiso Pro on Monday night. Had some problems with Google account registration and with the remote, as others are reporting, but it looked like things were going OK until I rebooted. Then I had no video.

I had been using it on a TV that will only do 720p. I saw something here about the Equiso switching resolutions after the first reboot, so I tried it with the monitor for my computer (not a long-term solution, but might have let me adjust the resolution back if I'd gotten any video) and I got no video there, either. (The monitor is picky and only does 1080p on the HDMI input; it displays a black screen if it gets 720p input. But the 720p TV had a blank screen too, at presumably the same resolution.)

Does anybody have any suggestions for reverting back to the lower resolution I got before the first reboot, given that I can't see anything on the screen? I've heard that the beta firmware is better about detecting display resolution, but (1) I gather it's only available for the standard Equiso yet, not the Pro, and (2) I gather you have to be able to actually see stuff on the screen in order to install it.

Jay

PS — My mail to the Equiso folks was longer and had a bunch of unrelated stuff as well, but what's above is the showstopper I don’t know how to get around.
06-02-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: Equiso Pro arrived, no video on either of my displays
having the same problem here, please post if you resolve this issue

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
09-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Same here, on a Panasonic Viera 720p (not that new) tv. Blue led flashes for 4-5 seconds, then turns off. Screen remains black.

I checked with adb and the device does seem to work.
09-02-2013, 01:31 PM
The only thing I can think of doing, without resorting to doing a system wipe, is try it on another TV to change the resolution back.

Even if it means taking it to a retail store demo TV. Just tell them you want to make sure this TV works w/your devices or something.

@rena

The blinking only occurs during initial boot and doesn't stay lit or blink when on. If it's not working on your TV try what I suggested above to make sure it can actually output video, or make sure the HDMI isn't blocked by screws or anything (try an extension cable). If it works on other sets, and not yours, email support@equiso.com with your TV model # and they'll try to look into it.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
09-02-2013, 01:40 PM
I would actually be ok with a full wipe, it doesn't matter... I checked the build.prop and the resolution seems to be 720p already, btw.
20-02-2013, 09:12 PM
#fail

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.