Poll: What is your main complaint about your Equiso?
no problems, I am completely satisfied
slow performance, but WiFii signal is OK
poor WiFi sensitivity, but overall speed is acceptable
both poor WiFi and slow performance
works OK, but poor build quality
paperweight
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equiso Satisfaction
08-11-2012, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 02:04 PM by jschall.)
Equiso Satisfaction
I thought it would be helpful to gather some statistics for Equiso. To start, a general survey of how prevalent are the various complaints.
How do you feel about your purchase/reward, after a few days or weeks of use?

- no problems, I am completely satisfied
- slow performance, but WiFi signal is OK
- poor WiFi sensitivity, but overall speed is acceptable
- both poor WiFi and slow performance
- works OK, but poor build quality
- paperweight

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
08-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Re: Equiso Satisfaction
Both poor wifi and slow performance. But I can manage it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
08-11-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Equiso Satisfaction
I have not a lot of complaints about the equiso. The only thing is I wanted to use it as XMBC device to access my movielibrary what is located on my networkdrive.

Playing these MKV movies is very shocky and it is not watchable.

zed85, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
14-11-2012, 08:35 AM
After rooting and thus being able to install smb/ntfs mount, the device has become a lot more useful.

I also find that BSPlayer plays all kinds of HD mkvs when I connect the Harddrive containing them via a USB hub to the device, over wifi I get occasional stutters.

The best advice to counter the poorish Wifi speeds is to use a long USB cable to get a distance between the remote control dongle and the equiso, for me, it improved my wifi speeds by more than 60%!

schutzmann, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
15-03-2013, 09:03 PM
(08-11-2012 05:47 PM)zed85 Wrote:  I have not a lot of complaints about the equiso. The only thing is I wanted to use it as XMBC device to access my movielibrary what is located on my networkdrive.

Playing these MKV movies is very shocky and it is not watchable.

it is due to lan transfer over wifi also if you try to play 20 gb files also non workingSmile but imagine lots of computers are not able to show such files and equiso is just a stickSmile that does plays 1080 files ok if they are a little compressed

PS: use mizuu for making a library not xmbc (i dont say that xmbc is bad) simply mizuu is better and supports lan also, best performance would be to use NAS server and equiso with mizu (but not for real bluerays copies)

D3MO, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Mar 2013.
17-03-2013, 05:52 PM
My Equiso PRO has worked pretty well from the start. I pretty much use it for Netflix and guitar tabs, but it does both of those well enough for me. I'm installing the OTA update as I write this, so we'll see how that goes. Not that it matters, but it's downloading the update and streaming Netflix with no problems at the same time on my measly 5mbps internet connection. Pretty impressed, honestly. I will be PISSED, however, if it no longer works after the update. I've read that thread and it's making me nervous.
17-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Re: Equiso Satisfaction
Best of luck Wink

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
18-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Well everything seems to have worked. The update installed and the system rebooted (right in the middle of a Netflix session). When it booted up I went back into Netflix and picked up right where I left off. The video seemed a little blurrier than before, but it cleared up after a couple minutes. Everything seems to work as well as it did before, which is a good thing for me. I know this is off-topic from the OP, but I figured I'd at least give an update.
18-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Glad you finally made it.... do you feel any change in terms of performance...
19-03-2013, 06:40 PM
I voted paperweight though truth be told its too light to even make a good paper weight.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.