Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equiso Turns One Free Backer Upgrade!
01-08-2013, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 06:05 PM by Niko.)
Equiso Turns One Free Backer Upgrade!
[Image: 5cd4eBs.png]
DEAR KICKSTARTER BACKERS

One year ago, when Equiso finished its first ever Kickstarter campaign, our backers had provided us more than just a financial pledge – they offered us endless support, generosity and faith in our vision for an easy-to-use, affordable streaming device. Now, as Equiso turns one, it’s our turn to give back to you, our loyal supporters.

Since Kickstarter, the Equiso SmartTV Stick has been finalized for retail distribution, and in April 2013, our product hit the shelves of more than 3,800 Walmart locations nationwide. In honor of such a milestone, and to show our appreciation to those who supported our idea since day one, we’re inviting you to take part in our celebration, Equiso Turns One.

Exclusively for our Kickstarter backers, we are giving you the opportunity to upgrade to the retail model for free when you send us your original Equiso SmartTV Stick. Simply head over to Equiso.com to find out more and to download the form.

Thank you for believing in our idea and for making our first year as a company one we’ll never forget. We cannot express how grateful we are for your support – here’s to many more Equiso birthdays!

Sincerely,
Adam McBride — CEO, Equiso

*Note: Pro model backers can also take part in the upgrade program. But they should be aware that their Equiso SmartTV Sticks have bluetooth and the retail units do not have this feature.
01-08-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Equiso Turns One Free Backer Upgrade!
Folks, send your TV stick to Equiso at your own risk - I sent my bricked Pro stick back to their China office months ago, saw no sign of it, was promised a retail stick from the US, again saw no sign of it. Now the original Pro stick finally arrived and it's still bricked!! All I want now is a full refund and again no sign of it!

Bits, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
02-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Good news!

As an international backer I just hope I don't have to pay customs again.

Electronics engineer/architect
02-08-2013, 12:25 PM
(02-08-2013 10:25 AM)Snowking Wrote:  Good news!

What exactly could we do to help with that? I've seen a few people suggest writing "gift" on it and this is technically a gift.

From seeing what Dan has to deal with regarding international buyers continually not getting their product it sounds like a huge pain just sending anything overseas.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
02-08-2013, 01:57 PM
(02-08-2013 12:25 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  

What exactly could we do to help with that? I've seen a few people suggest writing "gift" on it and this is technically a gift.

From seeing what Dan has to deal with regarding international buyers continually not getting their product it sounds like a huge pain just sending anything overseas.
Indeed, sending it as "low value gift" should help. Or I guess adding the following form: http://forms.cbp.gov/pdf/CBP_Form_4455.pdf .

This would technically be a replacement unit, meaning no customs have to be paid.

Electronics engineer/architect
04-08-2013, 11:04 PM
(02-08-2013 12:25 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  

Why not call it a warranty replacement unit.
Surely that would qualify as custom free and it would be a reasonable description.
Just a thought.
I put mine in the mail today so it should be there in the next 3 to 10 days, if you can believe the postal company.

Cheers
Peter
06-08-2013, 04:14 AM
Why in the world would you even say that Pro model backers can take part? If they aren't paying attention and actually DO participate in this "awesome" offer *Rolling eyes* then they are getting royally screwed. What you should have done is tell people who purchased the PRO model that they this offer does not apply to them as they still have a better stick than what the basic sticks are being upgraded to. Basically it's a Happy 1yr Anniversary to everyone but the ones who shelled out extra money for your pro model.
06-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Because if we didn't then you'd complain about that.

Plus, BT was never a part of the Pro units specs on KS. It was added as a bonus because of the delays in production. So you ended up getting better specs than originally told as a gift right there. Pro users can upgrade if they just want the nicer design of the case plus peace of mind knowing the connectors on the board are a little beefier.

06-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Re: RE: Equiso Turns One Free Backer Upgrade!
(06-08-2013 02:58 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Pro users can upgrade if they just want the nicer design of the case plus peace of mind knowing the connectors on the board are a little beefier.

@EquisoGD_John- Are the usb connectors still surface mount? Also, any improvement on the usb connector on the remote?

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
06-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Not sure what surface mount means specifically, but the connectors are held onto the board with more posts for stability.