Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Equiso alternatives
30-10-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: Equiso alternatives
I totally get that Kickstarter is for early release products, and I am happy with that.

Not so happy if the "Standard" is a beta product and the Pro is the final..

Poor show..

(30-10-2012 06:16 PM)jlaalja Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 05:22 PM)bbilko Wrote:  I was unaware from the KS project that the initial version was considered beta, and that the pro is the final product.
Same here....I missed that somewhere and I have 2 of the standard "beta" models! I was trying to be patient and wait for the bugs to be worked out....Does that mean that there is not hope for the standards??

bbilko, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
30-10-2012, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 07:38 PM by salonist.)
(30-10-2012 12:25 PM)jschall Wrote:  Here is a site with a "small" but up-to-date selection of alternatives to Equiso:

http://www.iboum.com/net-media-players.php

Lots of info on each player, so you should be able to choose wisely.

@salonist:

I hope you are happier with your UG802 than the folks posting here:
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...oming-soon
"seriously who can still trust in a manufacturer whos product was realeased not even 2 months ago and who doesnt seem to give a s**t about that 8 weeks old device with all its flaws and bugs!? rushing out one unstable device after another? who cares about having a maybe half working bluetooth when not even the simpliest task of playing a movie can be done on this piece of plastic???
i know you're only selling the gear but all future customers should be warned about the fact that instead fixing the already released hardware for a minimum of usage they are still pushing new gear with same and/or new bugs. at least i have already lost faith in that manufacturer, even i know there should be a new firmware for ug802 "soon", which i strongly doubt will fix any issue besides having a new android base and maybe new bugs. teach me better ugoos!!!"

See http://ugoos.com/

you dogging me boy,cause my behind feels kinda funny.no not that, you've got your nose right in there.

you're having your morning beer buzz and foist?

salonist, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
30-10-2012, 08:01 PM
(30-10-2012 06:16 PM)jlaalja Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 05:22 PM)bbilko Wrote:  I was unaware from the KS project that the initial version was considered beta, and that the pro is the final product.
Same here....I missed that somewhere and I have 2 of the standard "beta" models! I was trying to be patient and wait for the bugs to be worked out....Does that mean that there is not hope for the standards??
The point of Kickstarter is to fund startups that you believe have potential and to fund their growth. Most Kickstarter projects never follow through with the deliverables -- look at Pebble Watch. Raised millions and never provided their backers with a product to date.

With any start up the first initial product is always Beta -- whether it be websites or tangible goods. As any new company - it is a learning process and we have owned our mistakes. We have also done our best to correct those mistakes in order to provide a better device (Pro Model).

equiso_jeanine, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
30-10-2012, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 04:17 PM by jschall.)
(30-10-2012 08:01 PM)equiso_jeanine Wrote:  With any start up the first initial product is always Beta -- whether it be websites or tangible goods. As any new company - it is a learning process and we have owned our mistakes. We have also done our best to correct those mistakes in order to provide a better device (Pro Model).
Say WHAT?

Jeanine, you're WAY off base there.

If your BACKERS (of which I am one) PAY to help you produce a Beta product, and receive a Beta stick as a "Reward", then they should be entitled to a free HARDWARE upgrade when you come up with improved RELEASE/RTM hardware based on the backers' Beta testing. And Yahweh knows there are a LOT of hardware problems with the Beta sticks.

BUT - to sell the Beta Equisos to the great unwashed public, on Facebook and Amazon and eBay and now Shopify is clearly fraud.

I hope you can clarify, and perhaps retract, your statement above.

(30-10-2012 07:37 PM)salonist Wrote:  you dogging me boy,cause my behind feels kinda funny.no not that, you've got your nose right in there.

you're having your morning beer buzz and foist?
I don't appreciate the insults, @salonist.

I wish you could cooperate with the intent of this thread, which is to research better experiences than the Equiso boondoggle has been.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
31-10-2012, 10:26 AM
I was unaware of that as well. All we know is there will be two types of equiso, std and pro.
31-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Re: Equiso alternatives
I would not have backed a project that offered a beta and then final product option.

I'd have been happy to test a Beta (prerelease, known to be buggy) version and then pay the postage to swap it for a full version. as part of that I would have been happy to complete paperwork on my tests and document read world issues and fixes.

currently we are paying to fix the problems in the hardware, and reaping none of the benefits.

What is the returns policy?

bbilko, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
31-10-2012, 09:16 PM
(31-10-2012 10:49 AM)bbilko Wrote:  I would not have backed a project that offered a beta and then final product option.

I'd have been happy to test a Beta (prerelease, known to be buggy) version and then pay the postage to swap it for a full version. as part of that I would have been happy to complete paperwork on my tests and document read world issues and fixes.

currently we are paying to fix the problems in the hardware, and reaping none of the benefits.

What is the returns policy?
Let me clarify -- the "beta" is the 1st product we launch -- this happens to be the standard model. When u received it it was a "beta" model -- however as we push updates the device will come out of beta mode, the bugs will be fixed and the UX will drastically improve

equiso_jeanine, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
31-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Looking forward to it...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

31-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Can you give us some heads up of whats to come Jeanine?
For instance, I would like to know when we can get that 25% CPU speed increase so the kernel unlocks the CPU to stock speed!

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One X met Tapatalk

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
01-11-2012, 09:00 AM
@jeanine, We all seriously need an ota update asap. Also official rooting instruction, drivers, files, etc.