Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equiso is not finished?
06-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Equiso is not finished?
No, Equiso appears to be planning to stay in business for the long haul.

http://www.dmwmedia.com/news/2013/03/04/...re-capital

I honestly don't know why. Haven't they offended enough people already?

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
06-03-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: Equiso is not finished?
(06-03-2013 10:47 AM)jschall Wrote:  No, Equiso appears to be planning to stay in business for the long haul.

http://www.dmwmedia.com/news/2013/03/04/...re-capital

I honestly don't know why. Haven't they offended enough people already?
Yea, but that was with meager KS money. Now we can really notch up the offense to a whole new level.

Schall, I don't get your motives sometimes. I've given you and this place honest info as far I'm able to and you still go out of your way to jump on us. I mean, I asked you not to quote what I told you on KS yet you did—thanks /s. You're satisfied, to an extent, with the performance of your Pro (still a beta product mind you) yet you're all about getting a class-action lawsuit started on KS.

Some of you should be happy that we got additional capital because it lets us operate much more smoothly and pick up the slack and hopefully make things right w/some backers. I'm sorry some of you feel cheated that your $40 Pro's, that had upgraded hardware than what was originally promised, aren't performing to the best of its ability.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
06-03-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm sorry some of you feel cheated that your $40 Pro's, that had upgraded hardware than what was originally promised, aren't performing to the best of its ability.

Who paid only $40 for the Pro? The very early backers? Because I paid $99 (+$15 shipping) for mine. For that price, I sure want it to work fine, even if it's a beta product. See my post regarding my faulty remote.
06-03-2013, 04:25 PM
The story with capital is sort of funny... Anyways...

The KS project still remains a scam: you just rebranded one of the cheapest android sticks on Chinese market to make a better profit while that market was flooded with much better alternatives.

So really nothing left to do to make things right with KS backers, BUT with that kind of capital money you could now focus on delivering new hardware as you should have done from beginning, and burry the current pro which is crap and no firmware update will not ever fix that

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
06-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Or we could probably get sweet cars with that sort of lettuce, instead. Why stop the scam at KS when we can ride this gravy train into the sunset!

You know what I'd do with a million dollars? Two girls at the same time, dude.

06-03-2013, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 10:30 PM by jschall.)
John, you just proved my point. Equiso added insult to injury by protesting (after they had our money) that we were backing a "beta" product. It was never presented that way until it got backed with 241 K.
Not quite a scam, but an insult nonetheless.
Jeanine got out while she still had some self-respect left. Why don't you do the same, John?

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
06-03-2013, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 03:06 AM by Elijah.)
If you guys are so innocent, why have my (and many other backers) emails been ignored for weeks? Why have you made no attempt to find my 'lost' order? And why won't you honour or even acknowledge my very reasonable request for a refund. You obviously have the money.
07-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Lol $40, I wish. I paid the $99 +$15 shipping as well. With Equiso making the latest capital raising they now have a legitimate shot at hiring the right people to make the product match the original vision.

If they do, hooray, but I for one do not care what product they release in future, my experience with Equiso (and I must say that this excludes John) has been one where I have felt that both backers and customers are really more of a nuisance than anything else to the original folks at Equiso. I will buy from a nameless Chinese factory, hell, nameless Chinese street vendor, before I ever knowingly purchase anything associated with Equiso again.

Its bad enough when a tech company drops support for a product within 12 months, but when they have dropped support for the product before you even receive it. Its downright pathetic.

@ John - I hope they are at least paying you now.

Really, really, really not impressed with his Equiso.
07-03-2013, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 01:41 PM by EquisoGD_John.)
Thanks.

And we are now hiring, and looking, for people to help us better develop for this. We've had a few firmware updates we've tried internally since I last mentioned it and it's getting better.

I am getting paid now. And if I have to use some of that to personally just send you new (retail) units to smooth things over I will.

Unless you've scorned me in the past that is. For then I shall bring you such pain it will make history even in Hell!

07-03-2013, 02:15 PM
(06-03-2013 04:44 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  You know what I'd do with a million dollars? Two girls at the same time, dude.

Most of us don't need a million dollars to do that...

Now you made it clear though... You're definitely a VIRGIN...

This explains a lot Smile)

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.