Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equiso is not finished?
07-03-2013, 02:22 PM
RE: Equiso is not finished?
The internet is the only wife I need.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
09-03-2013, 11:58 AM
(07-03-2013 02:22 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  The internet is the only wife I need.

The Internet sounds like a big, fat and hairy dude... But you obviously know best what pleases you

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
09-03-2013, 12:18 PM
I reached out to John and he has agreed to act as an intermediary between myself and Equiso since Equiso has been ignoring my emails. It seems like he is doing his best to fix a situation he did not create.

Thanks John.
09-03-2013, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 07:52 PM by hamdimo.)
(09-03-2013 12:18 PM)Elijah Wrote:  I reached out to John and he has agreed to act as an intermediary between myself and Equiso since Equiso has been ignoring my emails. It seems like he is doing his best to fix a situation he did not create.

Thanks John.
you still don't get it, do you?he is a part of equiso, he's getting paid from the money YOU spent! he won't help you, why would he? he won't help a customer, staying under the umbrella of equiso is the best thing he has. and another thing... he's playing the good guy here.
09-03-2013, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 08:18 PM by Elijah.)
(09-03-2013 01:46 PM)hamdimo Wrote:  
(09-03-2013 12:18 PM)Elijah Wrote:  I reached out to John and he has agreed to act as an intermediary between myself and Equiso since Equiso has been ignoring my emails. It seems like he is doing his best to fix a situation he did not create.

Thanks John.
you still don't get it, do you?he is a part of equiso, he's getting paid from the money YOU spent! he won't help you, why would he? he won't help a customer, staying under the umbrella of equiso is the best thing he has. and another thing... he's play the good guy here.

Actually you don't get it. I hate Equiso as much as the next guy, I just don't blindly discriminate against everyone who works there. John personally refunded my money so he's obviously not just playing the good guy.
09-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I think John is the only straight shooter in the Equiso "company". He took on his job with no pay, and he had the courage to communicate openly with us backers and customers. Adam is a member of this forum but doesn't show his face. I hope you keep up the good fight, John!

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
11-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Wow, the snarking has turned to "OMG U R A VIRGIN LOSR!" Hm. That's a higher level of discourse. But John, as one of the only two women on the internet, I will cheerfully take your half-mil. I'm pretty sure my experience with the Equiso counts as getting screwed.

Seriously, I imagine you joined, as so many people involved in start-ups do, because of an optimistic embrace of a vision to make or do something new and better. Which means you're probably as bitter as the rest of us to discover you've joined a group that rebranded something not so new, and decidedly sub-par. And yes, I think it's sub-par when a component which will necessarily get some physical use (the charging port) is attached with only two points of brittle solder and possibly some glue, and thus breaks down after a few uses when used entirely as intended.

How does Equiso get out of this? Well, there's the good question. Probably their best bet is to rebrand themselves and move on.

brainmist, feeling pretty stupid for having invested in "making my dumb TV smart" with Equiso. Next time I'll just shove my TV in a closet with a bottle of cheap Scotch and an old laptop. My results won't be any worse, and I'll only be out a bottle of cheap Scotch.
11-03-2013, 11:39 PM
I joined because of a few reasons. Optimism being one of them.

For the past few years I had been in serious debt after having a string of crappy paying jobs and being laid off. I could just not keep ahead of the minimum payments. At the start of last year I just aggressively started paying off my debt w/the shitty job I was at by just not buying anything or going places (I still wear jeans and shirts that I bought 3+ years ago). I also sold some of my personal stuff.

One thing I wanted to always do when I got to a certain amount of debt owed was take a job where the pay was little to nothing but the opportunity to get experience or be a part of something bigger was there. I got laid off last November and in a made for TV like coincidence found the people at Equiso in the same week.

I was only there for about 1/2hr but from talking w/Jeff and Adam I liked the idea behind it. I knew there was similar stuff out there to it (not so much the whole origin of ours) but it was cool to be on the ground floor of something that I'd have a big part in as far as ideas and direction. And believe me your rants do not go unheard here. Changes have been made to the hardware (and soon software) to address most of the quality concerns. Most here won't believe me but I've made damn sure it's known people are pissed at how things are handled and what's wrong. And most here think fixing something like that can happen overnight.

I've enjoyed the challenge working for a start up has given me and that's ultimately what I wanted. I paid off my debt this past February w/what I got for my tax returns so you can imagine how that felt after carrying it for 10+ years. It's going to feel great getting that first paycheck, owing it to nobody, and coming off unemployment at the same time.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
12-03-2013, 02:37 AM
Then you should know better then most how much it hurts to basically have $120 stolen from you.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
12-03-2013, 03:31 AM
3 year old jeans? I bet I have jeans older than you are.... (hey, it takes a while to break in good denim!)

Yeah, once I had myself properly buffered, I decided to freelance. There's something decidedly satisfying in not being just another cog, and in getting to steer your own ship.

I'm pretty sure the founders of Equiso would have to never again access the internet if they wanted to avoid finding out how irritated their backers are. But like I said, I don't see them fixing it. Barring some massive profit-churning innovation that allows them to send us all a fabulous android-stick and remote to replace what we got.... and that's a lot of heel-clicking there, Dorothy. It happens. Hopefully they learned the classic Star Trek/everything else rule: UNDER-promise and OVER-return, and claim 10 minutes' work will take 2 hours. Not the other way around.

brainmist, feeling pretty stupid for having invested in "making my dumb TV smart" with Equiso. Next time I'll just shove my TV in a closet with a bottle of cheap Scotch and an old laptop. My results won't be any worse, and I'll only be out a bottle of cheap Scotch.