Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equiso review
14-02-2013, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 11:02 AM by Juanporro.)
Thumbs Down Equiso review
I just received the Equiso today and I immediately started messing with it and trying to install XBMC.

Installation was pretty straight fwd (a bit slow) but easy enough.

Needless to say XBMC Does not work well on equiso.

Equiso is a waste of money and I do not see good future on it. The pointer is very annoying. The picture is choppy and needs a lot of development.

Simply put I think they should have waited a bit longer and ironed out the hardware constraints and even if the unit had to be larger in size I think most of us would not have cared.

Two thumbs down.
14-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Re: Equiso review
And that is why I sold my equiso pro the very 3rd day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
14-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Re: RE: Equiso review
(14-02-2013 12:50 PM)Niko Wrote:  And that is why I sold my equiso pro the very 3rd day.

Our forum creator sold his Equiso? Time to shutdown this website. LoL. Mines been collecting dust. I refuse to hack on it. Big Grin

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
14-02-2013, 08:08 PM
RE: Equiso review
(14-02-2013 11:01 AM)Juanporro Wrote:  I just received the Equiso today and I immediately started messing with it and trying to install XBMC.

Installation was pretty straight fwd (a bit slow) but easy enough.

Needless to say XBMC Does not work well on equiso.

Equiso is a waste of money and I do not see good future on it. The pointer is very annoying. The picture is choppy and needs a lot of development.

Simply put I think they should have waited a bit longer and ironed out the hardware constraints and even if the unit had to be larger in size I think most of us would not have cared.

Two thumbs down.
Actually XBMC works OK in the Equiso Pro while watching standard definition content. When you want to watch 720p or 1080p videos is something else, but in this specific issue I think we cannot blame Equiso for all the bad things, XMBC hasn't release a version of the application for Android with hardware acceleration in the video player.

If I play high definition video in a player with harware acceleration I get decent results. The players I have test are MX Player, the Gallery app or with the embedded player that comes with the Airpin (UPnP) app that comes with the Equiso.

I use the application iMediaShare to send video from another android tablet to the Equiso via UPnP.
14-02-2013, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 08:30 PM by Niko.)
Re: RE: Equiso review
(14-02-2013 04:13 PM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 12:50 PM)Niko Wrote:  And that is why I sold my equiso pro the very 3rd day.

Our forum creator sold his Equiso? Time to shutdown this website. LoL. Mines been collecting dust. I refuse to hack on it. Big Grin

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Lol. What can I say....no update and no support made it worse. Always had issues with play store login . Crash and crash... slow wifi speed...

So now I am thinking to buy MINIX neo x5

15-02-2013, 03:24 AM
I am thinking the playtv should be better but is just as young as the equiso.

Needless to say I was very exited to get on with equiso and this forum as well. BTW great job with the forum. It looks very professional. But now I am so disappointed with equiso that it will make me not want to come back.

Sorry,

Juan
15-02-2013, 03:31 PM
(15-02-2013 03:24 AM)Juanporro Wrote:  I am thinking the playtv should be better but is just as young as the equiso.

Needless to say I was very exited to get on with equiso and this forum as well. BTW great job with the forum. It looks very professional. But now I am so disappointed with equiso that it will make me not want to come back.

Sorry,

Juan
Adam McBride and Jeffry Waye:

How about you give us our money back? Scam artists

EquisoDumbTV, Ben Davies // Duxbury, MA // frustrated Equiso user.
19-02-2013, 01:41 AM
(15-02-2013 03:31 PM)EquisoDumbTV Wrote:  Adam McBride and Jeffry Waye:

How about you give us our money back? Scam artists
I am not the enemy here. I also paid money for this junk.
25-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Thumbs Down RE: Equiso review
A device that plugs into a HDMI port and cannot play HD video is not a good product. Netflix, XBMC, etc...

Pro model has issues in the chipset that make it not work.... Support emailed me on Feb 8 to tell me this:
Quote:"On the pro model we are working on a bunch of fixes now. The delay is that we are working with the chip manufacturer on these fixes. Issues like video quality, because we are using a chip no one else has used before that is causing us some issues. Should be very soon, and we will update everyone when it is going to be available."
It's worthless as I see it. I'm stalling my purchase of a Roku as my only requirement is playing netflix in HD and I'm hoping the company will deliver something to save me the cost of the equiso purchase. Till then it's shelved.

Nunquam Imparatum - Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
25-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Sv: RE: Equiso review
(25-02-2013 04:33 PM)YoYo-Pete Wrote:  A device that plugs into a HDMI port and cannot play HD video is not a good product. Netflix, XBMC, etc...

Pro model has issues in the chipset that make it not work.... Support emailed me on Feb 8 to tell me this:
Quote:"On the pro model we are working on a bunch of fixes now. The delay is that we are working with the chip manufacturer on these fixes. Issues like video quality, because we are using a chip no one else has used before that is causing us some issues. Should be very soon, and we will update everyone when it is going to be available."
It's worthless as I see it. I'm stalling my purchase of a Roku as my only requirement is playing netflix in HD and I'm hoping the company will deliver something to save me the cost of the equiso purchase. Till then it's shelved.

A device that plugs into HDMI and gives no image whatsoever is even worse (doesn't work on mine)

Telegraphed from my i9300

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.