Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equiso won't boot - Kickstarter Standard
27-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Equiso won't boot - Kickstarter Standard
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here but have had an Equiso since the kickstarter. Recently I tried to update my Equiso via USB but afterward it would not boot up all the way. It will power on and display the Equiso logo but will not get past that. No loading circle, nothing. just hangs there for hours. Now I've searched and searched online but can not find anything on how to fix this for the standard edition. I've found stuff for the pro version with an SD card but mine does not have an SD card expansion slot so I can not load a recovery image onto the device. I tried loading it onto a USB drive to see if it would pick that up but nothing. I installed the adb drivers and was able to get the device to be recognized by my computer but was unable to get much done like that as I didn't think I could manually push anything to the device. even when I tried I get the error error exec system/bin/sh failed no such file or directory(2). I contacted support but have not heard anything back from them yet. Does anybody have any idea what I can do or try to get this thing to boot again. Thanks
28-12-2013, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 10:14 PM by jschall.)
RE: Equiso won't boot - Kickstarter Standard
@RunnenLate:

When something similar happened to me with my Kickstarter Pro,
http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-HELP-E...won-t-boot
I ended up opening a ticket at equiso.com, and they (David Thompson) just told me to send it back for an exchange for a retail Equiso.

It took a while, but it eventually arrived, and it's been working fine for about 2 months.

Good luck!

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
30-12-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: Equiso won't boot - Kickstarter Standard
Thanks, I opened a ticket with them on the 26th. Hopefully they will get back to me sometime this week.