Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error with 'Play Movies' app
15-04-2013, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013 06:37 AM by errsta.)
Error with 'Play Movies' app
first off - hello to all.

Got this stick at Wally World today (hate coming here. will elaborate why I did anyway if someone asks...lol) as an impulse buy. Needed an excuse to check out in electronics since it was an absolute zoo in there.

Anyway - works as advertised, mostly. Downloaded the Play Movies app to see my purchases and I get the following error

Code:
Couldn't fetch license (error 43)
Touch to retry.

Anyhow - cleared cache/data for app and will search other android forums for solutions on other devices. Hopefully can append thread title with "[SOLVED]" sooner than later Wink

errsta, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Apr 2013.
15-04-2013, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013 12:51 PM by colemab.)
RE: Error with 'Play Movies' app
You may be the first person who thinks this product works as advertised. Perhaps they actually fixed the walmart version. Could you please start a new thread with photos of your packaging and product?

See this rather long thread on kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2028...v/comments
15-04-2013, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013 03:05 PM by errsta.)
(15-04-2013 12:50 PM)colemab Wrote:  You may be the first person who thinks this product works as advertised. Perhaps they actually fixed the walmart version. Could you please start a new thread with photos of your packaging and product?

What. did. I. get. myself. into.!?

lol - should have read up on it. Well, i'm along for the ride now, aren't I? Wink

Will try to get some pictures up later today

errsta, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Apr 2013.
15-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Don't listen to these wet blankets. You're gonna be just fine.
(15-04-2013 02:25 PM)errsta Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 12:50 PM)colemab Wrote:  You may be the first person who thinks this product works as advertised. Perhaps they actually fixed the walmart version. Could you please start a new thread with photos of your packaging and product?

lol - should have read up on it. Well, i'm along for the ride now, aren't I? Wink

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
15-04-2013, 06:51 PM
John,

Now that these are showing up in the retail market, will my replacement ship soon?

Thanks
(15-04-2013 06:19 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Don't listen to these wet blankets. You're gonna be just fine.

gedi223, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Mar 2013.
15-04-2013, 07:22 PM
(15-04-2013 06:19 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  Don't listen to these wet blankets. You're gonna be just fine.
Oh, yeah.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
15-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Yup. If it didn't ship out already we had a bunch more come into the office to go out.
(15-04-2013 06:51 PM)gedi223 Wrote:  John,

Now that these are showing up in the retail market, will my replacement ship soon?

Thanks

16-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Back to my issue:
(15-04-2013 06:36 AM)errsta Wrote:  Downloaded the Play Movies app to see my purchases and I get the following error

Code:
Couldn't fetch license (error 43)
Touch to retry.

Anyhow - cleared cache/data for app and will search other android forums for solutions on other devices. Hopefully can append thread title with "[SOLVED]" sooner than later Wink

16-04-2013, 05:01 PM
I looked into it on one here and it seems Google doesn't allow it to run on rooted or hardware it hasn't authenticated. It's a DRM issue is what it comes down to. Reading some reviews it seems HDMI out isn't being supported by the app on certain devices.

I'll bring it up and see if we can get Google to approve the Equiso but can't give you a time frame on when it will happen.

16-04-2013, 05:45 PM
(16-04-2013 05:01 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  I looked into it on one here and it seems Google doesn't allow it to run on rooted or hardware it hasn't authenticated. It's a DRM issue is what it comes down to. Reading some reviews it seems HDMI out isn't being supported by the app on certain devices.

I'll bring it up and see if we can get Google to approve the Equiso but can't give you a time frame on when it will happen.
Thanks Smile I'll see if I can spoof Play store into thinking this is something else. Will share my results when i get around to it