Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
External SD Card
10-01-2013, 10:57 AM
External SD Card
I just found that with an external sd card inserted my Equiso fails to boot. I also found that it completely locks up my system when it is inserted. Is that a hardware issue or software? If it is hardware I should probably start working on exchanging it. Anyone else have this particular issue? It loads up a usb hard drive from a powered usb hub just fine.

Heaiser, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
10-01-2013, 11:19 PM
RE: External SD Card
No one has this problem? I'm using a 32g micro sd card that works in my other android stick (the infinitec pocket tv).

Heaiser, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
11-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Re: External SD Card
Try with a 8gb micro SD first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
11-01-2013, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 04:22 AM by blkcamarozr28.)
Re: External SD Card
Try formatting the micro sdcard first. If possible format it on the equiso or other android device.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
11-01-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm having the same issue with a 32 GB micro SD card. The Equiso Pro will not boot with the micro SD card inserted.

I bought this card specifically for the Equiso. It came formatted as Fat 32 by default.

Tonight, I'll try reformatting it within the Equiso (need to figure out how to do that).

Anyone know if this supports exFat supporting files larger than 4 GB? I guess I'll try that as well.
11-01-2013, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 07:55 PM by blkcamarozr28.)
Re: RE: External SD Card
(11-01-2013 07:09 PM)Bhaveshp Wrote:  Anyone know if this supports exFat supporting files larger than 4 GB? I guess I'll try that as well.

It does not natively support exFat.

I do recall that the Std unit had a option to format at NTFS. so, this would be a good option if you need large file support.
Check in Settings->Storage it should have a option to erase SDCARD and in the wizard there is a option for NTFS.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
24-01-2013, 10:48 PM
I also have the same issue, tried with a 4GB card and also a 32GB card.

The Equiso stick would freeze eventually trying to read the cards. When I plug in a USB hub + card reader it seems to read fine.

Off the top of my head they were formatted as exfat or fat32

I will try to format one of my cards as NTFS instead and will report back to see how that goes Smile
24-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I tried an NTFS formatted card and had the same result - lockup.

I was thinking a smaller (<32 GB) card may work, but looks like even that doesn't work.

Sigh
25-01-2013, 12:32 AM
I tried this on the test Pro we have and found it didn't boot or would lock up if inserting a microSD card (formatted FAT32). They were a 1GB standard and 4GB HC.

Forwarded the issue on to Jeff and Adam for it to be added to the fix list.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
25-01-2013, 10:30 PM
(25-01-2013 12:32 AM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  I tried this on the test Pro we have and found it didn't boot or would lock up if inserting a microSD card (formatted FAT32). They were a 1GB standard and 4GB HC.

Forwarded the issue on to Jeff and Adam for it to be added to the fix list.
Same issue.

EquisoDumbTV, Ben Davies // Duxbury, MA // frustrated Equiso user.