Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Fix for Google Play Movies & TV, Youtube, Google Currents, Google Reader
20-11-2012, 11:12 AM
RE: Fix for Google Play Movies & TV, Youtube, Google Currents, Google Reader
thanks Veronica and thanks to you Devious it now Works!! Your help and dedication is much appreciated.

Just to let you know you have to mount your system folder as writable first then you can change the properties! Took a while to work out that one - lol.

btw, does any one know what the difference between the new beta and all the hackery we have done ourselves, ie with build.prop?

khem, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
20-11-2012, 02:07 PM
(20-11-2012 11:12 AM)khem Wrote:  btw, does any one know what the difference between the new beta and all the hackery we have done ourselves, ie with build.prop?
I posted the changes in this thread: http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-Beta-s...695#pid695

For the most part the new beta is the changes we have made ourselves.

Devious
14-01-2013, 03:36 AM
The first time I added GoogleLoginService.apk, it seemed to fix everything like it says. I was even able to use Gmail without any issues. I factory reset since, re added it, and now Gmail just refuses to work like it did before. Seems like I get a force close notification or two as soon as I turn it on too, but they disappear way to quickly to even read them. Not sure why.

Most recently I factory reset, added the modded build.prop, dropped the GoogleLoginService.apk in, and went straight to download Gmail. Downloaded just fine, but still just stopped when opened.

In addition, I'm not entirely sure my factory reset fully works. My build.prop and my egl.cfg never revert back to factory. Maybe that's part of my issue?

johnequickiii, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
14-01-2013, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 04:53 AM by blkcamarozr28.)
Re: RE: Fix for Google Play Movies & TV, Youtube, Google Currents, Google Reader
(14-01-2013 03:36 AM)johnequickiii Wrote:  The first time I added GoogleLoginService.apk, it seemed to fix everything like it says. I was even able to use Gmail without any issues. I factory reset since, re added it, and now Gmail just refuses to work like it did before. Seems like I get a force close notification or two as soon as I turn it on too, but they disappear way to quickly to even read them. Not sure why.

Most recently I factory reset, added the modded build.prop, dropped the GoogleLoginService.apk in, and went straight to download Gmail. Downloaded just fine, but still just stopped when opened.

In addition, I'm not entirely sure my factory reset fully works. My build.prop and my egl.cfg never revert back to factory. Maybe that's part of my issue?

Try adding a second Gmail account in acct sync. Seems to somehow fix the weirdness I've experienced when I could access play store but couldn't download.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
14-01-2013, 05:42 PM
It's just weird that I didn't have to do that before to have gmail work. Just dropped the file in and went.

johnequickiii, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Dec 2012.
24-10-2014, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 05:07 PM by browser supported.)
Exclamation RE: Fix for Google Play Movies & TV, Youtube, Google Currents, Google Reader
[Image: exclamation.gif]i love this stick because of its browsing abilities - most apps didn't work at first all saying it was loosing the connection(internet) recently they all started working- youtube however can be annoying as it often pauses but it works... my MAJOR issue at this time is it is not supported by vudu, so i keep getting the losing connection on it- my 2 yr old was not happy when he thought he was gonna watch his fav movie- then it shut down Sad the weird thing is when the other apps started working better so did vudu- for a couple weeks- long enough for me to get excited and buy a bunch of movies for it- please have your people call their people to set something up as i have spoke to them(their engineers) and they are wanting to support it on this device. [Image: exclamation.gif] same with google play happens but i can live w/out play but not vudu! i refuse to get a different device as they all recommend- but they say get the chromacast i have it and love it (google play of course) i told her good for her she can keep it- i need browsing capabilities and their are LESS than a handful of streaming sticks that can do it Heart but if vudu isnt fixed soon i will be forced to get an icraig Sad