Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Four port USB hub working with Equiso.
21-01-2013, 01:31 AM
I have one of these unpowered USB hubs on my Equiso Pro and it is letting me plug in the KB/pointer dongle and it is working with a 32gb flash drive. It is very small so it keeps the Equiso very portable.

http://www.hhgregg.com/iconcepts-mobile-...tem/M75057

Dolbie, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
21-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Re: Four port USB hub working with Equiso.
I tired a unmanaged hub to power a usb stick, remote transmitter, and Ethernet adapter and the unit would reboot. I guess there isn't enough power to drive the usb Ethernet. The standard would work fine but that was a single core.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
21-01-2013, 04:20 AM
I just now tried my AirLink 101 USB Ethernet adapter that I normally use on my Wii with the USB hub mentioned above and it worked fine on the Equiso Pro. The Ethernet settings saw and used the adapter after a short delay when it was plugged in. I turned off Wi-Fi just to be sure and YouTube worked fine. After that I reconnected my 32gb flash drive and I was able to access data on that too.

Dolbie, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
21-01-2013, 05:24 AM
Re: Four port USB hub working with Equiso.
I notice the network connection via usb seems to be more flaky then my standard unit. I get constant network disconnects.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
21-01-2013, 06:31 AM
I didn't leave it connected like that for very long. I could give it some further attention if you'd like.