Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google Currents & reader not working
01-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Google Currents & reader not working
I installed google currents but when I run it, a message pops up "unfortunately, android has stopped".

The same happens with google reader when I try to select my google account for syncing with.

Any ideas for solving this?

flouris, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
01-11-2012, 11:00 AM
RE: Google Currents & reader not working
Not directly, but I find the Pulse app running quite good on Equiso.. it lets you import your google reader feeds too.. Setting up is probably a bit easier if your create an account and visit Pulse on a computer, but once setup with your feeds you have a pretty good and slick newsreader...

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
05-11-2012, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2012 12:59 PM by Devious.)
(01-11-2012 10:54 AM)flouris Wrote:  I installed google currents but when I run it, a message pops up "unfortunately, android has stopped".

The same happens with google reader when I try to select my google account for syncing with.

Any ideas for solving this?

Here is the fix I found:

http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-Fix-fo...gle-Reader

Devious
08-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I followed the instructions above but the apps are still not working. Do I have to apply the beta firmware first?

flouris, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
08-11-2012, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 03:01 PM by Devious.)
(08-11-2012 01:54 PM)flouris Wrote:  I followed the instructions above but the apps are still not working. Do I have to apply the beta firmware first?
I was already on the beta firmware before I heard about the problem but I believe they are the same other than a few changes in a text file. Check the file permissions on the file after you moved it. It needs to have read permission for owner, group, and others and write permission for owner (rw-r-r).

Devious
09-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Thank you Devious. Permissions was the problem.