Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[HOWTO] MKV DTS Audio Codec for MX & DICE Player
13-12-2012, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 03:01 AM by blkcamarozr28.)
[HOWTO] MKV DTS Audio Codec for MX & DICE Player
Here's the DTS Codecs for DICE & MX Player.

For DICE Player you need to extract the zip file and move the libffmpeg.so file to /sdcard. It can not be in a folder. So, make sure to put it in the root of the sdcard. See screenshots.

For MX Player just unzip the files and put in a folder. I put unzipped files in /sdcard. See screenshots for locations and settings to turn on hardware encoding.

Also, another nice app to have is Paragon's SD Card mounter. Helps you mount usb sticks quick and painlessly. Good for watching your movies files off a thumbstick. Wink

After playing around with MX & DICE I tend to like MX Player better. However, I noticed if I pause and restart the audio/video goes out of sync and freezes. However, if I exit MX Player and restart it I can resume from where I paused without any problems. Might be a bug somewhere. Oh well, at least it plays mkv files with DTS and with hardware decoding! Smile

==DICE Player DTS Codec==
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7909146/DicePla...ffmpeg.zip

==MX Player DTS Codec==
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7909146/ffmpeg_...x9_dts.zip

My Desktop
[Image: 35m4fwx.jpg]

MX Player Version: v1.7.9
[Image: 2ebuxap.jpg]

MX Player: Select Decoder->General->Custom Codec
[Image: 2pzmmhw.jpg]

MX Player: Location of Codec
[Image: sdfxhs.jpg]

MX Player: Hardware Decoder Enabled
[Image: 9gezrt.jpg]

Dice Player Version: v2.0.18(130)
[Image: nnwhtk.jpg]

Dice Player: Settings->List Settings->Custom Plugin
[Image: 9pyp9t.jpg]

Paragon exFaT, NTFS & HFS+ SD Card Mounter

[Image: 72yk9j.jpg]

Auto mount to /mnt/usb_sda1 or /mnt/usb_sdb1. These are predefined mount points on Equiso. Smile
[Image: 20zbbs5.jpg]

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
14-12-2012, 02:31 PM
RE: [HOWTO] MKV DTS Audio Codec for MX & DICE Player
dts seems to be decoded correctly on both players.
What about support for multi-channel passthrough via hdmi? This feature seems to be broken on Equiso.
14-12-2012, 07:54 PM
(14-12-2012 02:31 PM)Gombi Wrote:  dts seems to be decoded correctly on both players.
What about support for multi-channel passthrough via hdmi? This feature seems to be broken on Equiso.
Im not a audio guy. So, explain what multi-channel pass through is and how it is broken. Have you seen this feature working in other ICS deployments?

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
15-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Multi-channel passthrough via hdmi means that if a media containing multichannel audio (such as dts 5.1), the Equiso will pass the dts bitstream as is via hdmi to a dts decode capable receiver. This will allow us to enjoy multichannel audio. In the audio settings of Equiso you have this as an option. Once this option is enabled, there is no audio coming out at all. I guess that if this option exist in the menu, it should be supported. This is basic stuff for streamers. I expect the Equiso team to work with their vendors to solve this (along with endorsing the xbmc community to support hw acceleration for Equiso's chipset).
15-12-2012, 03:12 AM
(15-12-2012 12:10 AM)Gombi Wrote:  I expect the Equiso team to work with their vendors to solve this (along with endorsing the xbmc community to support hw acceleration for Equiso's chipset).
LoL! I have yet to see anything substantial from their so called Equiso dev team. All beta patches so far have been from our community tweaks. Im quite disappointed as they don't even have a single howto written for their so called "CUSTOM" build.

Back to multi-channel pass through. Seems like other smart tv sticks are in the same boat. I think it might have to do with DTS audio not being licensed. If you search google sticks like the MK802 have the same problem. Might be out of luck. My expectations for the Equiso has been greatly lowered. Im just happy it plays DTS audio. Big Grin

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
15-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Yeh, I keep falling to this hole, thinking there is a real team behind this product . My bad...Smile
Regarding dts and licensing, between the two options - first being keeping the dts bitstream as is and passing it through, and second being able to perform downmixing to two channel stereo, the latter requires licensing, since in this case you need to do s/w decoding to the dts bitstream and convert it to two channel stereo. So actually, in a normal world of streamers, what you have offered here would require licensing from dts labs. It's just that this product is so negleable that it is still flying below their radar...Smile
dts passthrough is usually built into the chipset, you just need the audio driver or module to not screw it up.
20-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Great work man. Keep this effort up. I just loved this.
11-01-2014, 04:00 PM
R: [HOWTO] MKV DTS Audio Codec for MX & DICE Player
I cant get hardware acceleration with a equiso standard walmart key.
I've used the file and the same version of mx player at the start of this thread..
Anyone can help me?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk