Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Here's a thought - Why not just sell the remote?
27-02-2013, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 06:48 PM by Us3r.)
Here's a thought - Why not just sell the remote?
So I was thinking, you guys havent updated the stick in almost 4 months so you're clearly not interested in making it better and other companies have since passed you in both performance and price point, the one really good thing you have going is the remote so why not just sell that?

I havent seen any really nice HTPC remotes on the market and I quite like your's, I think many people do, maybe you could take the hTPC remote market, also advertise it as a control solution for all android devices, people can just plug their phone or table into their TV and use your remote to controll it.

I'm guessing that the stick eats up most of the manufacturing cost, you could probably sell the remote for $40-$50 and still make a tidy profit. Theres a ton of smartphone, tablet and ipad owners out there that this could be easily marketed to.

What do you think?

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
27-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Re: Here's a thought - Why not just sell the remote?
Search the forum I believe I posted links for direct buying of their rebranded Uptek gear. If not check out geekbuying for similar remote. Just a caution the solder job on these uptek remotes are pretty bad and the surface usb mount soldering on the micro usb port will fail. Its just a matter of time. I had one fail and the other 3 remotes I have looks just as bad.

http://www.geekbuying.com/

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
27-02-2013, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 07:04 PM by Us3r.)
RE: Here's a thought - Why not just sell the remote?
Hmm, you're right, there are quite a few now, when I was in the market for one several months ago there was only that big ugly T shaped one, looks like they're comming out of the woodwork now, well scratch that I guess.

Though the Equiso remote is still esthetically nicer then the majority and looks like it would be much more marketable to mainstream public and the iculture people.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
27-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Chasing down bugs isn't something that happens overnight. They're still actively working on fixing the video issues in the Pro and getting a stable release for the standard. It takes time and unfortunately it's taking longer than anyone wanted.

I hear the same thing in my field from clients.

[Image: LIxiiRX.jpg]

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
27-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Lol Ok, I was a programmer once upon a time so I know all about that but 'overnight' went out the window months ago, there is no reason why it should be taking this long, its been nearly 4 months since the last update. There's really no excuse here.

27-02-2013, 07:55 PM
You're right. From what I've been told since I started in December is that the hardware on the pro's changed last minute and caused most of the issues people are having because the software was written for a different chipset.

Why it's taking so long to fix, I honestly don't know. It seems to look better on plasma tv's for whatever reason, tho.

I'm pretty direct with everyone on what I know here. If I could flat out explain it clearly I would.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
27-02-2013, 08:12 PM
(27-02-2013 07:55 PM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  You're right. From what I've been told since I started in December is that the hardware on the pro's changed last minute and caused most of the issues people are having because the software was written for a different chipset.

Why it's taking so long to fix, I honestly don't know. It seems to look better on plasma tv's for whatever reason, tho.

I'm pretty direct with everyone on what I know here. If I could flat out explain it clearly I would.
And I really appreciate the honesty, I guess I just feel a bit let down, invested money and time in Equiso and I really believed in them in the beggining, I wanted these guys to make it big and I still do but this is not how you do it, they need to be on the firmware 24/7 to get it perfect otherwise they are just making a really bad name for themselves, if I was them I wouldnt sleep till it worked right.