Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How To: Equiso Pro - Android 4.1.0
07-04-2013, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 06:25 AM by cutare.)
How To: Equiso Pro - Android 4.1.0
So you are eagerly waiting for Equiso to update their crap stick to at least Android 4.1 hoping this way most of the problems will be solved?

Well most likely this will not happen, Equiso are too dumb to create an update and also, considering the crap hardware, an update will not bring much performance gain either.

Anyways if you still want at least Android 4.1 here is how to do it:

1. go to http://www.intcrown.com and download their latest T9 firmware or just click this link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/075u0o

2. unzip and use the included exe to burn your SDCard, use a 4, 8 or 16 G one.

3. replace check.md5 and boot.img.ext4 from the SDCard with the ones here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx095mkj3vlyin3/boot.zip

4. insert the SDCard in Equiso Pro and power it on; the install will start automatically.

5. if you have it connected to TV wait you will see an install complete message otherwise wait until you will see the internal blue led is lighting steadily, no more blinking, then unplug Equiso, remove SDCard and power it back on

New features include a recovery menu, if you power on the device with side button pressed will boot into recovery.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing: take a soft cloth and a drop of alcohol, or just your fingernails, and remove the Equiso logo form the stick and the remote and you can finally forget about these idiots.

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
07-04-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Equiso Pro - Android 4.1.0
You can then root using the method described in this forum and apply the performance tweaks.

My Antutu score with default configuration was 5600+ and I expect a better score with the performance tweaks applied.

XBMC has same issues though.

Not sure if bluetooth is enabled by default on this ROM but should be easy to add it.

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
08-04-2013, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 05:14 PM by ninjazin.)
Sv: How To: Equiso Pro - Android 4.1.0
Is wifi working? Have you tried the remote app or is it only for the 91 model?

And is it possible to use a USB flash drive? I only seem to have a 2 GB sd-card lying around

Telegraphed from my i9300

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
08-04-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: How To: Equiso Pro - Android 4.1.0
Good stuff Cutare - I am gonna try this this morning...

Hopefully wifi works, but if not, at least we have ways to recover this P.O.S. now.

Cheers again

Really, really, really not impressed with his Equiso.
08-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Tried as stated - am getting an Install Failed error.

Appears to happen just after the "check system.img.ext4" step in the process.

Have tried replacing the boot.img.ext4 and check.md5 both before burn process and after burn on sd card.

Let me know if this happened/did not happen for you.

Hopefully you tried this yourself first before encouraging others to do so lol.

Cheers

* By the way - removing the stupid Equiso logo was the first thing I did when I got it.

Really, really, really not impressed with his Equiso.
09-04-2013, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 07:21 AM by cutare.)
Wifi is working.

Bluetooth doesn't currently work, but I think is mainly a configuration issue, but to quote a friend, "who really uses bluetooth"?

You have to first burn the SDCard then replace the files I linked you to, then flash them to Equiso.

There is a chance the uploaded check.md5 to be wrong, especially the system.img.ext4 hash, you can use any md5sum software to calculate the correct hash and replace the hashes in that file. I will take a look when I have time.

About USB drive, I tried mine old 320G LG USB HDD but couldn't make it work, probably a partitioning or filesystem issue, should be possible somehow though.

09-04-2013, 12:08 PM
woow, great find cutare.

can you share few screenshots of this firmware? how does it handles jelly bean 4.1? choppy or smooth?

Any known issue that you want to list?
09-04-2013, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 01:05 PM by cutare.)
I checked and was nothing wrong with the files I linked you too, cannot tell what went wrong for you, you probably didn't followed my guide exactly.

Anyways, in order to make it simpler for you I put together the whole package you could use to burn and flash this ROM.

Download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz2xpqrei1gbu2..._4.1.0.zip

Use the included NS115-Burn.exe to burn your MicroSD card then flash it to your Equiso Pro, no more file replacement necessary.

Although the utility can burn 4G/8G/16G cards I was only able to flash to Equiso from my 4G SanDisk MicroSDHC card, so you may want to use a similar one.

Good luck.

(09-04-2013 12:08 PM)Niko Wrote:  woow, great find cutare.

can you share few screenshots of this firmware? how does it handles jelly bean 4.1? choppy or smooth?

Any known issue that you want to list?

Appears to run smoothly, and like I said Antutu gave a score of 5600 plus by default, without the further performance improvements described in this forum threads.

Other than Bluetooth, which can probably be fixed with some minor adjustments, everything else seems to work.

blkcamarozr28 is working on some means to revert your stick back to stock firmware so I encourage you all to try upgrading to 4.1 and post any issues you are having here.

The other known issue is that the Apps button on the remote doesn't seem to have any effect, but you can always click to the Apps icon on the top-right corner, so not much of a deal until will figure how to remap the remote buttons.

Below are some screenshots:

As you see in the screenshots there is now also a power off button with three options:

Power Off
Reboot
Recovery

That should solve the annoying powering off issue. Again this is not mapped to the remote either, a click must be made.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Re: RE: How To: Equiso Pro - Android 4.1.0
(08-04-2013 11:16 PM)MDLFS Wrote:  Tried as stated - am getting an Install Failed error.

Appears to happen just after the "check system.img.ext4" step in the process.

Have tried replacing the boot.img.ext4 and check.md5 both before burn process and after burn on sd card.

Let me know if this happened/did not happen for you.

Hopefully you tried this yourself first before encouraging others to do so lol.

Cheers

* By the way - removing the stupid Equiso logo was the first thing I did when I got it.

I think you may have had a bad download. OP post the md5sum of your files so people can verify the files before flashing.

~ V

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

If i helped, please hit REP+ button / My XDA Profile ~ YouTube channel
09-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Here is it:

b3cda81eb033c9df81b615e54a95dc0f u-boot.img
23db56d87c3c6429e98f2ae9a3697fef x-load.img
a7503f93c5d5fa8ce56faa0fc0da3b48 boot.img.ext4
be7940839f14d35b242bc41d416ba466 system.img.ext4
6bcc2cbddc7123b27ec1d6f4830a24ba recovery.img.ext4

Is all included in the new zip i have linked you too though. Just burn and flash.