Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How To: Equiso Pro - Android 4.1.0
09-04-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: How To: Equiso Pro - Android 4.1.0
Did you check the android version with Antutu or Quadrant (system information)?
Some roms fake the version on the settings.

Like this one is fake:
http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/03/08/r...ront-ns115

CoolkcaH, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
09-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Hmmmm weird, finally got the MD5 sum sorted and it got past the verification process but I still get an Install Failed when it tries to remount.

None of this happened to you Cutare?

Really, really, really not impressed with his Equiso.
09-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Worked for me.
I had to try it a few times before I figured out I had to do most of the transferring and stuff on my PC as admin. Installed well and works for me.
I am NEW to this so anyone with a bit of knowledge and youth should be able to do this.
Just not smart enough to know where to go next with this :-)
I would like to do some VPN to the UK and US if anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to try them. I'm CDN
Thanks to all.
Greybeard

Unhappy previous Equiso user.
10-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Hi Guys,

Is there a way to use the zip file to program the SD card in Linux instead of Windows?

Thanks.
10-04-2013, 04:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 04:50 AM by cutare.)
(10-04-2013 12:38 AM)testing123 Wrote:  Hi Guys,

Is there a way to use the zip file to program the SD card in Linux instead of Windows?

Thanks.

I was able to install Ubuntu 12.04 ARM using chroot and works just fine but without graphics, you need to uee a vncserver to see the gui or maybe try the linaro builds.

(09-04-2013 09:33 PM)CoolkcaH Wrote:  Did you check the android version with Antutu or Quadrant (system information)?
Some roms fake the version on the settings.

Like this one is fake:
http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/03/08/r...ront-ns115

I wrote in the initial post that AnTuTu gave 5600+ score without any performance tweaks.

(09-04-2013 10:43 PM)MDLFS Wrote:  Hmmmm weird, finally got the MD5 sum sorted and it got past the verification process but I still get an Install Failed when it tries to remount.

None of this happened to you Cutare?

Try using a 4G MicroSD

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
13-04-2013, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2013 01:35 PM by Barthwo.)
The boot.zip is like the Equiso_Pro_4.1.0.zip from the dropbox ist just 28.6 kByte small and is not decodable via 7Zip or WinRar. Anything wrong with this?

And the firmware download is slow, just 84 kB/sec, so it takes up to an hour.

Barthwo, whose Equiso Pro finally arrived.
13-04-2013, 07:58 PM
(13-04-2013 01:32 PM)Barthwo Wrote:  The boot.zip is like the Equiso_Pro_4.1.0.zip from the dropbox ist just 28.6 kByte small and is not decodable via 7Zip or WinRar. Anything wrong with this?

And the firmware download is slow, just 84 kB/sec, so it takes up to an hour.

have no clue... something with Dropbox maybe... try again

cutare, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
14-04-2013, 11:52 PM
So I finally got the 4.1 firmware installed and I have to say the user experience (for me so far at least) is possibly worse than the most recent Equiso firmware.. If there is data coming down to the device (even a small amount like the splash screen of the Play Store) the device basically is unable to process anything else at the same time, including the remote mouse cursor. That's pretty poor.

Is that just me or is it a similar experience for those that have installed this already? If just me then might try and troubleshoot, if not will probably just head back to good old Equiso *cough cough Uptek* firmware.

Really, really, really not impressed with his Equiso.
15-04-2013, 05:36 AM
(14-04-2013 11:52 PM)MDLFS Wrote:  So I finally got the 4.1 firmware installed and I have to say the user experience (for me so far at least) is possibly worse than the most recent Equiso firmware.. If there is data coming down to the device (even a small amount like the splash screen of the Play Store) the device basically is unable to process anything else at the same time, including the remote mouse cursor. That's pretty poor.

Is that just me or is it a similar experience for those that have installed this already? If just me then might try and troubleshoot, if not will probably just head back to good old Equiso *cough cough Uptek* firmware.

For me and others providing some feedback it seems to works fine, even better than the original firmware judging from AnTuTu score.

18-04-2013, 12:12 PM
*hopeful*

do any of the more knowledgeable forum members reckon that an Android 4.1 update might ever be applicable to the Standard version too?

*hopeless*

schutzmann, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.