Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I shut down equiso smart?
25-10-2012, 01:56 AM
How can I shut down equiso smart?
I got equiso smart and connected it to TV. Almost all things went fine, but I can't shut down the equiso smart just like other tablets can do. Could you give me some advice?
25-10-2012, 02:38 AM
RE: How can I shut down equiso smart?
They didn't put any shutdown commands in the build. The only way to turn off is by pulling the power.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
26-10-2012, 09:59 AM
thank you, blkcamarozr28.
26-10-2012, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 12:01 PM by jschall.)
Eventually, we will be able to root our Equiso:
http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-Rootin...STRUCTIONS
and install a shutdown app from the Play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...o.shutdown

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
26-10-2012, 07:57 PM
(26-10-2012 11:57 AM)jschall Wrote:  Eventually, we will be able to root our Equiso:
http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-Rootin...STRUCTIONS
and install a shutdown app from the Play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...o.shutdown
Good solution
27-10-2012, 06:16 PM
yes, this is usable, but sadly, the only way to power back up is to pull the power plug and plug back in, which is a bit fiddly at best.

schutzmann, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
30-10-2012, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 07:58 AM by d3bugu.)
Some of the backers have posted that question and Equiso responded to it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan Buxton - Hello is there a shutdown function or button? or do I have to unplug it all the time????

Equiso Smart TV - Just unplug to shut down - I do like the button idea. It is in the pipeline - an easy way to turn on/off without all the plugging in and out.

Jonathan Buxton - I thought if you held down the power button on the remote it would bring up a shutdown window......But it dont!!! its a shame......................

Equiso Smart TV - That's a great idea. The power button is for use w/ Universal Remote function. We will be releasing instructions on how to set up UR this week.

d3bugu, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
30-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Quite funny. The power "button" was right there.... and abracadabra...it's gone! Big Grin
[Image: fc1f870bdf90404e6bc44d5aab29b183_large.jpg?1340214338]

JohnnyCau, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
31-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Nice find JohnnyCau!!
I didn't noticed that until now. So all pictures are falsely represented to us?
31-10-2012, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2012 12:31 PM by JohnnyCau.)
Well that's clearly not taken by them. That's a montage. You take a nice tv picture from the web, cut the screen, and add w/e you like. Probably both the status bar and the main screen are just took from the web or made on purpose from some other device... as example.
Lot of people do this.

EDIT: I just re-watched one of the hands-on video they made and apparently the power button is in there as well. So they must have removed it. Not sure if the basic android 4 OS have that cos probably all tablet have a side hard button for the shut down window.

JohnnyCau, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.