Poll: What is your level of satisfaction with your Pro?
Garbage, I'm not using it
The stick is garbage, but I'll use the remote elsewhere
I'm using it, but performance is below par
I'm using it and I'm satisfied with its performance
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How is your Pro working?
27-02-2013, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 08:08 PM by jschall.)
Question How is your Pro working?
Some people (like me) are (nearly) completely satisfied with their Equiso Pro.

I have a couple of niggles with the remote:
- Very difficult to long-click and click/drag
- Seems to need recharging every couple of hours
but otherwise it does everything I expect from a $100 Android media player.

So I'm wondering if folks like me are not posting their satisfaction, while those with problems are quick to post their dissatisfaction.
Feel free to add your own thoughts and user experiences.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
27-02-2013, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 06:17 PM by Us3r.)
RE: How is your Pro working?
Mine cant even play video back smoothly, the wifi signal is crap and drops constantly, apps freeze and crash a lot, its useless. Heck, the thing doesnt even power off unless you disconnect the power, its like a big practical joke.

Finally, to add insult to injury they didnt even include the usp pass through cable that they personally told me was going to be included with the pro.

And what is Equiso doing about it? why has there been no update in nearly 4 months? Whats their excuse now?

The only decent thing about it is the remote which is fairly nicly executed, i do notice it has some click and hold issues sometimes but click and drag works well for me.

I dont know, maybe I just got a bad one or something but if thats the case then alot of people seem to be getting 'a bad one'

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
28-02-2013, 12:14 PM
*BUMP!*

What? Only 5 Forum members have an opinion?

Jeff Schallenberg
28-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Confused I had low expectations to begin with, so I can't say I'm awfully depressed about it.

Was it worth $99? No, it doesn't do what I would like it to do -- play video easily! But its good enough that I don't have to watch network television when I'm on business trips, and that's adequate for me.

As a lifelong computer geek, given the state of equiso, they could make it right (at least for me) by open-sourcing the device. Just release some of the key drivers, or even better the specs, and let's try to build a custom Android image for the device, that does what we need it to do. I *know* the android hackers can do a lot more a lot quicker than equiso and the chinese firm built this stick can do.
28-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Re: How is your Pro working?
Totally agree. Mine was good. Until I found connection retry in Google store. Sync issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
01-03-2013, 12:42 AM
(28-02-2013 11:51 PM)Niko Wrote:  Totally agree. Mine was good. Until I found connection retry in Google store. Sync issue.
So, Niko - How do you vote?

Jeff Schallenberg
01-03-2013, 03:23 AM
I would have to give mine a 3/10, I really can't give a device that is not even fully functional any more than that. If it was a hardware limitation issue, I would be more understanding, but the only thing holding the device back from being able to do what I want it to do is that the software is only half there. Apps are brilliant on Android, they can be used to solve most problems and to customise devices to almost any user's individual tastes, but the one thing that apps can't do, is work properly on a device that does not even make use of its own hardware due to lack of drivers or somehow incompatible drivers.

It is a real shame, they said that they had the 720p video issues fixed, and to be honest I would probably be pretty happy with the device in 720p, 1080p makes text extremely difficult to read, so if and when they release the 720p firmware fix, I will make sure to come back and *hopefully* upgrade me review.

Really, really, really not impressed with his Equiso.
01-03-2013, 05:41 AM
Re: How is your Pro working?
O well I sold mine though. But my friend who also got the pro gave me to play with for few days. Big Grin

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
01-03-2013, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 09:48 AM by Barthwo.)
In principle it works, but lots of problems, which I already reported to Equiso:
- HD video does not work smoothly if at all.
- Calendar does not sync.
- Gmail is aborting
- 1080 resolutionn not possible with my Panasonic TV
- no possibility to "emulate" Portrait Mode (bad with lots of games)
- "GPS" is "enabled" but not existant, so crashing lots of apps who try to locate
- no streaming App preinstalled
- what is AirPin?
- very strong colours, so I always have to correct this between Equiso and TV
- no information which camera/mic combination works, because using Skype would be fine
- all downloads extremely slow even with access point 30 cm beneath it
- tried to use USB stick, did not work

Barthwo, whose Equiso Pro finally arrived.
02-03-2013, 09:49 PM
How is your Pro working?
(28-02-2013 12:14 PM)jschall Wrote:  *BUMP!*

What? Only 5 Forum members have an opinion?

My pro is working fine. WiFi working quite well, quite a ways away from the router.

My remote seemed to work better after a break in period. The keyboard would miss letters but as I worked the keys more they loosened up and are working nicely. Click and drag works fine for me. As an example, I played Angry Birds and was able to pull and hold and aim the slingshot quite well.

Dolbie, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.