Hopefully an update will make it useable
I've already thrown it out
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is anyone Not disappointed with the PRO
12-01-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: Is anyone Not disappointed with the PRO
No Happy at all. I posted my problems in another section.

I cannot download any of my purchased apps from the Play Store. When I do, Equiso crashes and reboots. When trying to connect to wifi, I click and click and click and wait forever before it finally connects. The cheapy thing I received from a no name company as a Christmas gift works better than this, but you have to use a wireless keyboard. Maybe a bad unit, I do not know, but it sux.
12-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Re: Is anyone Not disappointed with the PRO
Netflix streaming looks awful with good network connection. Funny thing is the standard equiso Netflix stream quality is like my pc/tablets. Something is definitely wrong.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
14-01-2013, 01:19 PM
I hope the solution is found soon. Netflix was one of the main use cases for the device, to make my TV a smart TV so I can detach the PC from it. Having Netflix unwatchable makes this device pretty much worthless. However knowing that the standard version seems to play it fine makes me hope it can be resolved.

Nunquam Imparatum - Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
27-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Well, I've had more time to use it, and it still comes across as a huge disappointment. Yesterday I fFigured I'd see how DLNA worked for me, went to the Play store and downloaded a few apps. Disappointment 1, took FOREVER to download a few small apps, despite now having a consistently "excellent" wifi connection since I got an HDMI extender and moved the Equiso out from behind the TV.
Actually playing a file went pretty well, but it wasn't hi-def.
Then today I watched some YouTube (JourneyQuest S2), and it looked pretty decent, but I was again plagued by extensive periods of waiting, but only intermittently. Some episodes would play fine, others would stall out part way through. Another was very jerky and out of sync with the audio.
28-01-2013, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2013 02:04 AM by gregw.)
I can't get my PRO to play mkv files at all... The player would just hang and then I'd have to manually restart the PRO by unplugging it and plugging it in again since the "button" on the side of the PRO doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Other video formats will play, but it's not very smooth even though the PRO is 6 feet from my ASUS RT-N66U router and streaming from a gigabit connection to my NAS.

Overall, the only thing that seems to work smoothly is "Angry Birds" games... Confused

Also tried putting movies in a 16GB MicroSD card and plugging that into the PRO, but with the MicroSD card in, the PRO won't even boot up... Angry

Pretty much useless...
28-01-2013, 02:55 PM
(27-01-2013 11:33 PM)Frogstar Wrote:  Then today I watched some YouTube (JourneyQuest S2), and it looked pretty decent, but I was again plagued by extensive periods of waiting, but only intermittently. Some episodes would play fine, others would stall out part way through. Another was very jerky and out of sync with the audio.
YouTube can be like that on a good day using a PC.

Nunquam Imparatum - Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
28-01-2013, 07:05 PM
(28-01-2013 02:55 PM)YoYo-Pete Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 11:33 PM)Frogstar Wrote:  Then today I watched some YouTube (JourneyQuest S2), and it looked pretty decent, but I was again plagued by extensive periods of waiting, but only intermittently. Some episodes would play fine, others would stall out part way through. Another was very jerky and out of sync with the audio.
YouTube can be like that on a good day using a PC.
I got tired of it and went and watched some in a different room on the PS3... until I got to an episode the YouTube app on that kept crashing with (the suckiness of the YT app for PS3 is well-documented too).
07-02-2013, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 09:15 PM by ninjazin.)
Sv: Is anyone Not disappointed with the PRO
Mine didn't even output an image on my TV. Worked on my friends smart TV but isn't the whole point to make a "dumb TV smart"......

Telegraphed from my i9300

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

ninjazin, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.