Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it worth the hassle exchanging the pro for the retail?
16-08-2013, 02:22 AM
So I seen the bit where they're offering to give you a retail version if you send your pro back (though I dont know why we have to send them back, you'll just toss em in the bin - waste of money) but is it actually worth the time sending it back?

Is the retail any better then the pro or is it just more of the same headaches in a slightly different plastic case? Mine's been sitting behind the receiver collecting dust since I got it, the remote is the only thing I actually use out of the deal because the stick was useless. I havent found any reviews on the retail one or anything really beyond the kick starter ones presumably because it bombed so bad no one cared about it anymore but does anyone here have experience with both the pro and the retail? Is it any better?

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
16-08-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: Is it worth the hassle exchanging the pro for the retail?
It says it on the KS page and website a few times, but since nobody likes to read...

The pro and retail models are the same hardware except the pros have bluetooth and retails do not.

That's it. The retails were seeing software updates before the pros but now both are on the same version. The retail units also have the USB ports soldered on with more posts so they're stronger.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
17-08-2013, 05:17 AM
Yes, it is. My Pro was screwy and so was my brother. We both sent them back and received the retails. World of difference for us. Works so much better. It is currently my only TV entertainment source. I use it for Netflix and to read from my Synology NAS. Works great. Love it. Get the retail.
18-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Hmm well the lack of bluetooth is a bit of a bummer though I have a feeling the pro will stop getting updates now. Not that I use it anyways as it can't even play embedded flash video smoothly so kinda useless.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
18-08-2013, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2013 08:02 PM by EquisoGD_John.)
Sucks that Adobe no longer supports Flash for Android. So it's a matter of time before anything Flash based stops working because the Android version will never see an update.

There is an update for Flash but you have to scroll down to it in the Play store from your installed apps list. It won't show it automatically in the update available list.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
18-08-2013, 11:08 PM
you can always buy a cheap usb bluetooth adapter..... all you need is powered usb hub.
19-08-2013, 03:29 PM
You could but they didnt give me the break away cable with my pro so there's just the one usb port which you need for the remote.

22-08-2013, 09:00 PM
(19-08-2013 03:29 PM)Us3r Wrote:  You could but they didnt give me the break away cable with my pro so there's just the one usb port which you need for the remote.
@Us3r: You won't need a powered USB hub, just a non-powered one. I got a 4-port hub for $5 at the local pharmacy, which I am using for the remote dongle, a Logitech bluetooth dongle, and a 32-GB flash drive.

I am fairly pleased with my Pro after the July OTA update.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
29-08-2013, 05:23 PM
(19-08-2013 03:29 PM)Us3r Wrote:  You could but they didnt give me the break away cable with my pro so there's just the one usb port which you need for the remote.
The walmart version has worked good for me. You might want to upgrade as you may get better support.

breakburrough, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Aug 2013.