Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
July Pro Update...anyone got it?
13-07-2013, 05:37 PM
July Pro Update...anyone got it?
Per equiso on kickstarter they said they released a update for the Pro unit last week (1st week of July). Anyone manage to get a hold of the file? It was pulled shortly after because of bugs. Let me know. Thanks!

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
14-07-2013, 02:40 AM
RE: July Pro Update...anyone got it?
(13-07-2013 05:37 PM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  Per equiso on kickstarter they said they released a update for the Pro unit last week (1st week of July). Anyone manage to get a hold of the file? It was pulled shortly after because of bugs. Let me know. Thanks!
It was pulled because it bricked sticks. Don't think anyone had a chance. It works when installed locally but not OTA.

In better news is that we have an in-house ROM that fixes the Youtube stutter and improves wifi. Hopefully that goes out real soon after we test the OTA first.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
14-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Re: July Pro Update...anyone got it?
Thanks John. Any word on netflix being fixed for the pro? Actually, im willing to try the offline update. As I have my own backups if it bricks.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
14-07-2013, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2013 02:16 PM by EquisoGD_John.)
(14-07-2013 08:03 AM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  Thanks John. Any word on netflix being fixed for the pro? Actually, im willing to try the offline update. As I have my own backups if it bricks.
Refresh me on the Netflix issue on the Pro? If it's the one where it stops playback after the first 30sec we are sure it's because of an audio issue and HDMI handshaking with TV's. The stream will kick up in quality and the audio bug that's giving us no sound/video in some TV's is related. Tho I thought that was fixed on the Pro's via patch, it could've been the same one I said was "a week away" and never materialized.

If I can get you a local copy of it I'll send it. Tho I've found from testing internal roms that when you flash your own before an OTA goes out, you don't get OTA notifications of newer ones.

15-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Re: July Pro Update...anyone got it?
@john- regarding netflix it was the poor picture quality at 720p. Was this ever resolved?

Also, is there a offical change log of all the updates released for the pro? If I remember right there were only 2 updates after the initial release from kickstarter.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
15-07-2013, 03:46 PM
I just tested a random Pro I grabbed (firmware 20130530) from a pile our CTO has been testing. I think you guys have one from March, right? That one does have improved video quality from I think the blocky mess that was before but it's still not 100%. It's certainly passable when watched at a normal viewing distance. I use one on my 55" at home and barely notice from about 12' away. But it certainly can be better and I think that's something we have to work with Netflix, HBO Go and the others directly to have our device authenticated for the HD stream like we have with Hulu.

Our CTO is on vacation this week, there is a more recent one I believe that's been tested internally but I dunno where that is. I asked about getting a copy of the recent OTA one that was bricking. Waiting to hear back on that and a change log.

16-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Lol. That is all.

Really, really, really not impressed with his Equiso.
17-07-2013, 02:34 PM
So the new update will fix the youtube problems? Any idea when the update will be fixed and released? Would be great to use my stick again!

- - - Real Eyes, Realize Real Lies - - -
Wookster, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Mar 2013.
18-07-2013, 06:31 PM
(17-07-2013 02:34 PM)Wookster Wrote:  So the new update will fix the youtube problems? Any idea when the update will be fixed and released? Would be great to use my stick again!
We hope in a few days, but I keep saying I hate saying exact dates for good reason.

30-07-2013, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2013 12:41 PM by EquisoGD_John.)
I sent a file to blkcamaro last week to play with but I want to let everyone know that a newer OTA should be live for the pro models that brings them up to the patches done to the retail models. The only thing that differentiates you guys from those is you have Bluetooth and some assembly changes on the board for the retails.

Changes that I know of:

• Youtube app stuttering is fixed
• Wifi reception improved
• Bug fixes/stability improvements (vague—sorry)
• New setup wizard
• Slightly better performance score in Antutu

Standard model users will be receiving some news as well either later today or tomorrow.