Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just received Pro model... Not working
09-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Just received Pro model... Not working
Got my Pro model in the mail today. Plugged everything in where it should be, blue light indicated it had power, and nothing shows up on TV.

Any suggestions?

tkoreaper, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
09-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Re: Just received Pro model... Not working
Try different hdmi ports. Heck, even try different tv's. Some tv's have a hard time syncing.

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
09-01-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: Just received Pro model... Not working
When I plug in the power source to the stick does it turn on automatically or do I still need to press the power button on the remote?

tkoreaper, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
09-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Boots automatically.

Stupid question, but make sure you're on the right HDMI port? If not, try it on a known working one.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
09-01-2013, 09:19 PM
All my HDMI ports work on my TV, tested them all with my gaming console. I'm very unhappy with this right now. Plugged it into another TV in my house and it worked fine... Won't even fit in the TV in the living room because the stick is so long and obtrusive (What were you thinking Equiso?)

Needless to say, it's not working on the TV that I wanted it for. Waiting since last August for this thing, so I REALLY hope the creators can come up with a solution fast.

09-01-2013, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 09:45 PM by POWERMIKE.)
Just got mine 2. Play store wouldn't load. did the clear cache and data stuff. no joy. did reset to factory. now it won't even start up. what now?? update, plug it into wall, blue light flickers, then no light at all.

also, what's battery life on remote? i assume the power button on remote is only to turn remote on and off?
09-01-2013, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 09:38 PM by blkcamarozr28.)
(09-01-2013 09:19 PM)tkoreaper Wrote:  Won't even fit in the TV in the living room because the stick is so long and obtrusive (What were you thinking Equiso?)
That is why many of the Chinese android sticks include a HDMI Extender. Its not only beneficial to the devices's wifi reception but some TV's HDMI ports are just too tight to fit the android stick.
Good thing is the Extender is pretty cheap on MonoPrice $1.90. I purchased a bunch of these and they work great. Smile

http://tinyurl.com/7z6mfz4

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
09-01-2013, 09:42 PM
(09-01-2013 09:38 PM)blkcamarozr28 Wrote:  That is why many of the Chinese android sticks include a HDMI Extender. Its not only beneficial to the devices's wifi reception but some TV's HDMI ports are just too tight to fit the android stick.
Good thing is the Extender is pretty cheap on MonoPrice $1.90. I purchased a bunch of these and they work great. Smile

http://tinyurl.com/7z6mfz4
Yeah, the ports are on the back of the TV facing down. The stick itself fits, but with the USB power cable making it stick out even further there's no way.

09-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Recieved the new pro. Play store not working. Is there a fix other than rooting?
09-01-2013, 10:21 PM
(09-01-2013 10:16 PM)Leom Wrote:  Recieved the new pro. Play store not working. Is there a fix other than rooting?
Have you tried going to Settings->Application->Google Play Store (Clear Data)?

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks