Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just received Pro model... Not working
10-01-2013, 04:19 AM
RE: Just received Pro model... Not working
Received mine today and it is not working either. Charged the remote, plugged in the RF dongle and USB cable to the 5v power source. A blue light in the unit flickers for a few seconds, then stops. Tried different USB cables and power sources. Appears DOA. Angry
10-01-2013, 04:50 AM
(10-01-2013 04:19 AM)trm80439 Wrote:  Received mine today and it is not working either. Charged the remote, plugged in the RF dongle and USB cable to the 5v power source. A blue light in the unit flickers for a few seconds, then stops. Tried different USB cables and power sources. Appears DOA. Angry
May have the same issue as me... Try a different TV.

tkoreaper, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
10-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Yes. Still not working. Get the "Error retrieving information from server (RPC: S-5: AEC-0)" message
04-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Lightbulb RE: Just received Pro model... Not working
(10-01-2013 02:33 PM)Leom Wrote:  Yes. Still not working. Get the "Error retrieving information from server (RPC: S-5: AEC-0)" message
I don't know if you found a fix for it, but I found a solution for this on youtube Smile
You need to remove all your Accounts on your Equiso, and the only way to do that, is to make a factory reset. After that's done, you will have to add your google account through Play Store. Just open Play Store as the first thing when the Equiso finishes booting up, and then finish the wizard.
This did the job for me, I hope it will help you to. Smile
05-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Play store works fine for me but google chrome doesn't. It has a problem with the user account. Anyone have a work around for this?

leeandy1, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.
05-02-2013, 01:28 PM
(05-02-2013 08:48 AM)leeandy1 Wrote:  Play store works fine for me but google chrome doesn't. It has a problem with the user account. Anyone have a work around for this?
When you log into Chrome are you picking your gmail account from the list or trying to log in again right from Chrome?

I found if you did the prior then it was less prone to get an error. Tho sometimes it would give me a sync error alert in the tray. Restarting seemed to fix it.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
05-02-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm picking my user account from the list. Play store seems to work fine its just seems to be Chrome where I get a force close.

leeandy1, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Jan 2013.