Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lets talk HTPC remotes
04-04-2013, 03:23 AM
Lets talk HTPC remotes
So up till now the only useful thing about the equiso stick of despair was the remote but I'm a bit annoyed with it, its not great for an HTPC because it doesnt have right click function, it doesnt have symbols painted on the keys so you gotta guess when you want to enter symboles and I find it a bit twitchy.

So, does anyone know of any other good HTPC remotes? SOmething with a full qwety keyboard, a gyro pointer and good build quality? I would like something with the standard buttons on one side and the keyboard on the other as I think that setup works quite well, just more suited to non-touch screen OS.

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.
04-04-2013, 04:05 AM
RE: Lets talk HTPC remotes
I'll have to test on the android stick but this is what i use for my pc connected to the tv.

==Bluetooth Version - (I have this one but haven't tested it on the android sticks)==
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-00059...B0011FOOI2

==Wifi 2.4Ghz Version==
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Mini-Ente...B008JGU3YA

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
04-04-2013, 04:20 AM
RE: Lets talk HTPC remotes
Hmm interesting but not quite what I'm after, I'd like more of a traditional looking remote, like the Equiso one but with more features, plus I think that lid would drive me nuts lol

My criteria would be:

- Full qwerty keyboard either on back or slide out
- compact but still comfortable
- gyro pointer
- buttons that mimic mouse right click
- backlit keys would be nice

Us3r, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2012.