Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MAC ID for Equso
18-10-2012, 11:46 PM
MAC ID for Equso
Well, I sent an email to Equiso support on the 14th requesting this information, but never received a reply, so I'm going to post it here and see if I can get any help.

My security protocol for my router is not only WPA2 but it also requires specific MAC IDs. I have plugged the unit into the TV and everything works EXCEPT the access to the internet and as far as I can tell, it's due to the lack of MAC ID for the unit. I have looked over both the stick and the remote and can find nothing that references this. I have also scoured through the menu settings and have found nothing...unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

a) is there a MAC id associated with this device, and b) where can I find it?

Also, what happened to my support email?

Any help would be most appreciated.
19-10-2012, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 03:35 AM by blkcamarozr28.)
RE: MAC ID for Equso
If your looking for the MAC Address of the 802.11 radio try and do the following.
Goto Google Play and search for "Terminal"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ndroidterm

Install the Terminal and then type in "busybox ifconfig"

You should see a line that says "HWaddr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"

[Image: mr71t.jpg]
Big Grin

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
19-10-2012, 05:54 AM
RE: MAC ID for Equiso
Thanks, blkcamarozr2B! Just to make sure I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly: to get to Google Play from the device, I'll need to remove my extra level of security (the enabled MAC IDs) and establish the connection to the internet before I can make the download and ping using ifconfig, is that correct?

Once I have it and load the new ID into the router, I can then re-enable the MAC security.

Thanks, again...I really, really appreciate it!

-Jeigh
19-10-2012, 06:45 AM
@jeighLG- yeps! Disable your Mac filtering on our wireless router, download terminal, get Mac address, input Mac address into router filter list. Done.

Or just disable your Mac filter on the router and check the Mac address of the equiso on the router. It normally, would show attached devices or u could check the Mac table. Either way. command line is more fun. Wink

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
19-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Or use wireshark to find it...
19-10-2012, 03:51 PM
It is much easier than all the other replies. Here is how you get your MAC ID for your equiso:

1. Go to SYSTEM SETTINGS
  2. Scroll all the way down to ABOUT TABLET
  3. Click on STATUS
  4. Scroll down to WI-FI MC ADDRESS
Devious

Devious