Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Make Sure You Don't Ever Have to Warranty the Equiso
08-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Make Sure You Don't Ever Have to Warranty the Equiso
So,
Like many others we are finding that the hardware / software leaves something to be desired. I was having problems with my unit, then it just stopped working. Turns out the power connector was poorly soldered onto the board. 20 others have had this happen according to the rep at Equiso (although by the design I suspect more). Sent it to them, took multiple e-mails to be told that we've already given out all of the replacement ones, and that'd I have to wait for new ones to come.
I suspect I'll be waiting quite some time. I suspect others will be suffering a similar fate. I just don't think they planned this well.
08-02-2013, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 08:53 PM by blkcamarozr28.)
Exclamation RE: Make Sure You Don't Ever Have to Warranty the Equiso
Yeps. Had that problem on my Remote from the 1st batch of Standard units. I documented some where on this forum that the Pro's are the same batch of remotes. They didn't fix or improve the design. Again, most of us know that these are just UpTek's remotes that Equiso badged. They didn't design it since its just a rebadged chinese remote. The soldering shows the build quality. I know for a fact that if these Equiso's Pro/Standards worked well and we all used it on a normal rate the failure rate on these would sky rocket. Only reason the failure rate is low is cause everyone has their units in a box somewhere cause these things performs so poorly.

==Remote sent with Standard==
http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-USB-Po...t=usb+port

==Remote sent with Pro==
http://www.equisoforum.com/Thread-Pro-re...ent-to-usb

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks