Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Manufacturer of Equiso Stick and Remote
12-03-2014, 01:32 AM
RE: Manufacturer of Equiso Stick and Remote
(28-02-2014 01:41 AM)sok.ratha Wrote:  May I ask all of you, is there anyway to make my waltmart edition to have wifi back? I was my nistact update mine to android 4.1 without seeing all the comments in that post and finally end up with a stick without wifi.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3c3euuskv92n96l

The URL points to what is supposedly the wlan.ko driver for the Equiso and purportedly make it happy with the Kimdecent T21 firmware image.

svartalf, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2013.
13-03-2014, 02:50 AM
(12-03-2014 01:32 AM)svartalf Wrote:  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3c3euuskv92n96l

The URL points to what is supposedly the wlan.ko driver for the Equiso and purportedly make it happy with the Kimdecent T21 firmware image.

svartalf, may you briefly instruct me on how to apply this wlan.ko?
23-03-2014, 01:27 AM
(13-03-2014 02:50 AM)sok.ratha Wrote:  svartalf, may you briefly instruct me on how to apply this wlan.ko?
Yes, I think I can. All the modules for an Android system reside in the /system/lib/modules directory.

In order to copy the wlan.ko for the Kimdecent ROM load, you're going to have to be Rooted. From there the following commands SHOULD copy it into the right place and set the stage for it to "work".

Code:
adb remount
adb shell "mount -o remount,rw /system"
adb push wlan.ko /system/lib/modules
adb shell "chmod 655 /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko"
adb reboot

After it comes up from the reboot, if the module's as reported (Keep in mind that I've not tried the Kimdecent firmware and I'm just repeating a report here...) it should come up and the wireless should be working.

svartalf, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Nov 2013.