Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Missing view new posts button
01-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Thumbs Up Missing view new posts button
Hi, thanks for hosting and moderating this forum!
I wonder if it would be possible to have a "view new posts"' button that will show me all threads that have new posts since my last visit. It's quite common for a forum but I can't seem to find it here.
Keep up the good work!

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
01-11-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: Missing view new posts button
@Pimmr, I will look into that feature very soon. Thanks for the suggestion.
01-11-2012, 04:02 PM
(01-11-2012 02:34 PM)Niko Wrote:  @Pimmr, I will look into that feature very soon. Thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks Niko! No hurry.

Pimmr, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum and owner of a rooted Equiso standard - since Oct 2012
01-11-2012, 08:55 PM
@pimmr:
This Forum has some great features. Like you, I visit here often, and as soon as I login, the software "knows" which threads have new posts since my last visit. Those threads are shown in bold text. I don't need a special button to see what's new.

Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint Hilaire, Québec
01-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Re: RE: Missing view new posts button
(01-11-2012 08:55 PM)jschall Wrote:  @pimmr:
This Forum has some great features. Like you, I visit here often, and as soon as I login, the software "knows" which threads have new posts since my last visit. Those threads are shown in bold text. I don't need a special button to see what's new.

Sure the forum headers light up, but looking at the main view you still have to look in each section separately to see the threads which have new posts. I just like to have them all in one view. Besides the unread markes don't always update when you go back so you end up reading the sam posts. And the button isn't all that special.. Just about every forum has this and probably can be added easily. But good to know you don't need it.

Sent by my Asus Transformer using Tapatalk

01-11-2012, 10:09 PM
@jeff : Yes you are right, once you logged in, all new threads are in BOLD.

@pimmr: after a little tweak here and there, I managed to add the "View New Post" button on top, under My settings. Removed the view buddy list link and added the view new post.

Screenshot:
[Image: RbRaJ.png]

I hope this feature will help all members.
01-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Excellent! Thanks ;-)

01-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Re: Missing view new posts button
Your welcome

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
02-11-2012, 02:41 PM
(01-11-2012 10:09 PM)Niko Wrote:  @pimmr: after a little tweak here and there, I managed to add the "View New Post" button on top, under My settings. Removed the view buddy list link and added the view new post.

I hope this feature will help all members.
Great idea, Jeff! Thanks for adding it Niko. Big Grin

Devious
13-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Somehow the view new posts button doesn't return any results although there are new posts?