Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More question
21-02-2013, 12:02 AM
More question
Still trying to get my remote to affect the opening page; noticed on my Pro model, there is a small button on one edge. Anyone have any idea what it is or what it is for?
Also noticed what appears to be an "On-Off" button on the remote. It doesn't do anything and I suspect this is part of my problem. Either the remote is not outputting or the Pro is not inputting.
Looks like it is going back.
It seems easier to do that after waiting so long, its like I never had it in the first place and now it won't even begin to start ...........
Also tried it on my Monitor which has an HDMI input. Same thing, opening screen and not able to do any further.
Richard

greybeard38, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
21-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Re: More question
On off has nothing to do with it. You need to plugin the usb transceiver or the remote wont work.

When in doubt search the forum. Many of these questions have been answered and would save yourself some grief. Wink

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
21-02-2013, 04:51 PM
RE: More question
Ok, how about the little button (unmaked) on the side of the Pro?
What is it used for or when is it to be used?
BTW, with help from the forum I got the USB "donggle" in and got the cursor up.
So, I am up and functional.
Now to try it out.
Thanks.
Richard

greybeard38, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Feb 2013.
21-02-2013, 05:39 PM
It will eventually be used to turn the unit on & off (standby) since currently the only way to turn it off is to unplug it.

But it uses so little power as is you may as well just leave it on.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
22-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Re: More question
What about the heat if we leave it on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
22-02-2013, 10:48 PM
(22-02-2013 10:32 PM)Niko Wrote:  What about the heat if we leave it on?

Don't worry Niko. If it burns your house down just contact Equsio via Email and they will get back to you within 24hrs. Wink

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks
23-02-2013, 12:22 AM
lol. So bitter. In the event your house does burn down email Dan at support@equiso.com and he'll get back to you in between bouts of influenza and the consumption. When he's not entertaining celebrities from his mansion built with our millions made off KS that is.

But seriously. When just sitting on the home screen it shouldn't put out enough heat to cause any problems.

Former graphic designer for Equiso. We were held back from helping you.
23-02-2013, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2013 02:05 AM by bezkintos.)
(22-02-2013 10:32 PM)Niko Wrote:  What about the heat if we leave it on?

I was a bit worried about that in the beginning but now it is about two weeks I haven't unplugged it from wall socket. When my tv is turned off or it is turned on but not switched to hdmi input (i.e. it is switched to regular tv tuner), equiso stick is almost cold (it's just a little little warm). And when you use it, it got warm but normal warm like any other device. I noticed every time you switch your tv to hdmi, equiso flashes a few short blue light (I see those flashes through those ventilation holes PRO model has). It seems it goes to some "sleep" mode when not used (I only presume that because it get colder when not used??) although when you turn your tv on and switch to hdmi input, equiso screen is exactly where you left it...

bezkintos, proud to be a member of Equiso Forum - Discussion Forums for the Equiso Smart TV since Oct 2012.
23-02-2013, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2013 02:13 AM by blkcamarozr28.)
(23-02-2013 12:22 AM)EquisoGD_John Wrote:  lol. So bitter. In the event your house does burn down email Dan at support@equiso.com and he'll get back to you in between bouts of influenza and the consumption. When he's not entertaining celebrities from his mansion built with our millions made off KS that is.

But seriously. When just sitting on the home screen it shouldn't put out enough heat to cause any problems.
Well, its to up the people. But when you plug in a appliance that is UL certified you know the chances of it burning down your house is much slimmer. When you plug in a device made in china then its your call. I looked at the 4 units I have and the solder jobs are horrendous but its not my house. Tongue Burn away guys! Big Grin

Root Std
Root Pro
build.prop Tweak! (SU)
38% faster read (SU)
Tweaks